PDA

View Full Version : Beta testing chat

Jigglysaint
03-08-2004, 02:15 AM
Meh, just a idea off the top of my head. The chat room could be on a server other than the one that AGN uses, could be a secret room with a bot that keeps it's identify hidden, requires password regesteration, and such.

A good place to drop by and report bugs or maybe even socialize with the testers who have IRC.

bigjoe
03-08-2004, 07:19 AM
Maybe we can organize something. I don't have anything against it. It would work to better integrate us as beta-testers.

Raichu86
03-08-2004, 12:47 PM
That could be done easily. Try irc.initialized.org:6667. There, you may mlock a registered channel to +s (secret) and modify the access levels such that anyone with less than voice access is automatically kickbanned upon joining the channel. Perhaps BigJoe should found it.

bigjoe
03-08-2004, 01:20 PM
Okay but first I gotta know who is in charge of initialized and whether or not they have a bad rap sheet as far as ZC is concerned.

Raichu86
03-08-2004, 02:19 PM
McCrackin is now in charge of Initialized IRC. There are also some people from Gaming Universe who have IRCop status on this network.

bigjoe
03-08-2004, 04:01 PM
Well, at first it sounds bad, because I've heard some bad things about McCrackin. But then, I remember something about him being framed, or that they were just rumors or assumptions. So , maybe it can work out.

fatcatfan
03-08-2004, 06:40 PM
Why not use the same server that AGN chat uses? I'm sorry, but I still don't fully trust McCrackin. He took advantage of on opportunity to get access to ZC source, even if he didn't hack anything. The only reason it turned to nothing was that the zip file he got hold of was password protected. I can easily see him using similar opportunity as IRCop to get access to alpha/beta files, and we'd be none the wiser till someone squealed.

bigjoe
03-08-2004, 06:55 PM
I think that the general answer to the first part of that would be that people want to avoid some of the members of #AGN. A lot of beta testers have quite a bit of beef with some of the people who use that server. We'd be in a different channel, yes, but still, I can see something bad happening.

But now that I am aware of what happened with McCrackin, I am sorry to say that I cannot support a channel on Initialized.

I wouldnt be upset about having to use Cyber2k if it were fully assured that we wouldnt have to deal at all with "Angry #AGN-ers".

fatcatfan
03-08-2004, 08:55 PM
well, if the channel is private, it won't be visible in global lists, and users can be invisible, too. I really don't see that it'd be a problem. If the beta testers have a problem with the regular AGN channel the solution is a simple one: stay out of the channel.

Raichu86
03-08-2004, 09:00 PM
I don't have a problem with #AGN... much less being on the same network. I wouldn't mind being on Cyber2K at all.

bigjoe
03-08-2004, 09:30 PM
I know but there are some others, like Jig and Darth Cronic who might not be comfortable. Im pretty sure we can wing it though. If they start problems its on them.

It's almost ready, an announcement is pending. Each person will have to register their nick and know the password.

EDIT:Forget it. Too much trouble. Beta forums work just fine.