PDA

View Full Version : Grabber Help

CJC
03-07-2004, 06:54 PM
I've been making a new sfx file, but I've run into a little problem.

The sound for a guy spawning, a bomb being picked up, and a fairy being picked up are all the same sound. I would like to set up different sounds for each of these, but there is no help file and I can't figure out how to do it.

If anyone knows of a way to do this, please tell me.

Freedom
03-07-2004, 07:49 PM
in the grabber right click on the sound you want to change and grab the new sound you want to replace it with.

Sephiroth
03-07-2004, 11:03 PM
he is asking about different soundds for the fairy, bomb, and guy appearing. He wants to know how to make those sounds be different. ie. the bomb should have a different sound than that of a fairy.

Freedom
03-08-2004, 12:18 AM
and I answered him.
if you double click on the sound you choose, you can hear it, then if you right click on it, you can replace it with whatever you want.

when you open the sfx.dat in the grabber they are all listed there, if there isn't a separate listing, then I'd guess it can't be changed.

You can open the lttp sfx.dat and see if it is different.

I'd like to be able to add sounds to be used on screens that you choose, I don't think that can be done either, unless you replace the sea sound or something.

CJC
03-08-2004, 08:55 PM
Either that or one of the boss roars.

Anyways, I was using the sfx.dat as a base and it uses only one sound for the three things I listed. I was wondering if the program had some way to add sound effects to the game that normally wouldn't be in it, but apparantly not.