PDA

View Full Version : Forum is not dead!(What you can do to help...)

bigjoe
03-05-2004, 01:21 AM
You all may have gotten the impression that these forums don't serve a purpose at the moment, because of the fact that I'd closed this (http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showthread.php?t=78628) thread. However, that is very untrue. The reason that thread was closed was so that the developers wouldn't be overrun with bugs to fix for the next version.

However, there are still ways that you can help as a beta tester.

What You Can Do To Help

I.Find bugs and post them to Beta Bug Reports.

Simple. All you gotta do is fire up the newest alpha/beta a few times a week, and go for a little scavenger hunt. If you really can't find anything that hasn't been found, then we're doing good. Tabs will be kept on new bugs, and they will be rechecked and added to the main bugs thread as soon as the next alpha is released.

II.Verify old bugs against the Latest Alpha/Beta.

Even more simple than before. All you gotta do is go through old bugs in Beta Bug Reports and see if they still exist. If they don't I will move them to Exterminated Bugs. If they do, I will keep an active subscription on them. While, to a certain extent, I can do this on my own, I am not a quasi-existant superhuman being capable of moving quasars with my mind, so any help would be appreciated. What you do could determine whether or not the next full version of ZC has bugs in it.

III.Post thoughtful suggestions related to the Beta.

By 'thoughtful', I mean suggestions that aren't completely idiotic. For example:

"HI MY NAME IS ROLLIO75 AND I R BE WANTING TO SUGGEST THIS -> GLEEOK 5 EDITAR!!!111111111111111111"

A more pleasant example of a good suggestion would be:

"Hi, my name is Rollio75 <NAME>. I notice that 'feature' <FEATURE>has not yet been fully implemented. I suggest 'implementation' <IMPLEMENTATION>to complete 'feature'<FEATURE>."

Further Statements

First, I'd like to apologize If I've been too rough or demanding in the past week or so. But if you let something sit still for too long, it will stagnate. That's why I'm being such a tough love enthusiast.

Furthermore, I'd like to offer a word of encouragement to all of you. You are all talented individuals, even the ones who havent found a single bug. If it weren't so, none of you would have been recommended. You all have what it takes to do the job at hand. The developers, nay, the entire ZC community is counting on you.

Good Luck!