PDA

View Full Version : Let teh power of christ compel you!

Goat
02-29-2004, 10:08 PM
When i was younger I was what some people might refer to as a big "holy roller". After so many years, I never quit believing, but I wasn't exactly living teh best life, and would only turn to him in times of need. Earlier today, my buddy John called me and asked me to goto church with him, there would be a special guest there tonight, one of those power team guys (they are former professional body builders, football players, and other areas of physical expertise that do crazy stuff liek bend steel rods and break handcuffs) Anyways, what I'm getting down to is that I repented tonight and found my way back. To most of you this might sound liek a great shock, given teh things I've done in teh past I wouldnt believe me, but thsi isnt one of my joke posts. Most fo you probably don't care, and if you have something negative to say, just dont post a reply, or I will tell on you *mean face* I just wanted to tell a little of my story and see who else stands with me.

Pablo
02-29-2004, 10:15 PM
Congratulations. I envy your newfound conviction in your faith, I've never been one with much trust in religion.

Dracula
02-29-2004, 10:21 PM
That's cool. Seriously, it's great to know some people actually have faith in something. My belief was to have faith in something, anything, anything that'll get you through. I'm definately not the most religious person in the world, but I know plenty about what I should / should-not believe in. Finding faith doesn't change who you are, but changes your life. :thumbsup:

Ich
02-29-2004, 11:27 PM
That's good. Jesus is the way; I do believe in him, I just haven't really gone to him yet. I'm like you were before today.

Gerudo
02-29-2004, 11:33 PM
I've never been one with much trust in religion. this is the same for me, and a 99% chance that it will always be that way... i do respect those who have faith, though.

bigjoe
03-01-2004, 12:01 AM
I'm thinking of getting back into church and stuff. But every time I go to church I dont feel accepted and therefore I start to reject the ideas of the people there.

gdorf
03-01-2004, 02:48 AM
Thats awesome goat, they say the angels in heaven throw a party every time someone repents. :)

Freedom
03-01-2004, 03:57 AM
The great news Goat, Ielen just got the call too.
Things are picking up and the appointments are being made, for those who keep them there will be a great reward.

The birth pangs have increased over the last couple of years and are coming closer and closer together, so the time is short, the leaves are opening on the olive tree.
This is the generation that will see it bloom.

It also means that the world will be fighting harder and harder to get you to love it, and No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

for those who don't understand, this post is jibberish, the rest that do understand already know that it is now that Christ is calling His lost sheep home because the time has come and He stands at the door.

theplustwo
03-01-2004, 11:38 AM
Good to hear it, Goat, it's nice to have conviction in your faith. :)

Also: it's nice to know some people recognize that you can still be cool while being religious. (I.E. the Buddy Christ from Dogma) And also that just because you believe certain things you don't have to turn every issue into a religious debate.

Melonhead
03-01-2004, 12:46 PM
I'm glad for you. I've never had much luck with religion, but I'm glad at least some people do.

But the title of this thread reminds me of the caption on this movie:
Here (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00007CVRX/qid=1078159490//ref=pd_ka_1/104-6996483-0323133?v=glance&s=dvd&n=507846)

Rijuhn
03-01-2004, 08:15 PM
Wow Goat, I'm proud of you. I'm glad that you got that peice back in your life that you were missing. I definately know how you feel because I didn't really understand what it meant to live my life for Jesus until I started going to a church that really cares. Cory E. my youth pastor is doing great works in the lives of the youths at Bethel. Thank God for him.