PDA

View Full Version : Half-Life 2

Kamaria
02-29-2004, 05:03 PM
You going to play it? I'm probably going to play the CS 2 mod when it comes out. Yes, I am female and I play CS.

Melonhead
02-29-2004, 05:05 PM
Yeah.

But I predict Far Cry will be better. My birthday can't come soon enough....

Rijuhn
02-29-2004, 09:02 PM
I loved Half-Life so naturally I have to play Half-Life 2, but I'm sure I'm going to have to purchase a new graphics card if I want to even boot it up. My GeForce 2 MX probably can't even load the main menu, lol.

vegeta1215
02-29-2004, 09:20 PM
Nope. Never played Half Life, don't care.

I am looking forward to seeing the next Quake installment. I probably won't upgrade my computer until that comes out. (I'm only running a 450 Pentium III here)

gdorf
03-01-2004, 03:05 AM
I didn't play half life either, but I have the coupon for hl2, so I guess I'll play. I am not a big fps person though, I prefer games like warcraft, nwn, and racing games.

sagelink
03-01-2004, 09:56 AM
I loved Half-Life so naturally I have to play Half-Life 2, but I'm sure I'm going to have to purchase a new graphics card if I want to even boot it up. My GeForce 2 MX probably can't even load the main menu, lol.

Actually I was reading PCworld about Half Life 2 and what it supports, and this is what came up.
You are able to run Half Life on the "medium" setting, which is actually still good. You may not get the uber-realistic looking water effects it provides but its still playabe. I have two computers, one with a Nvidia GeForce 4 MX 440 w/ P4 2.53 and a Gig of RAM (Win2k), and one with an ATI Radeon 9800 Pro w/ P4 2.53 and a Gig of RAM (WinXP). Both of those will be able to run HL2 on the "High" setting, except the Radeon can do "Ultra High".

Radium
03-02-2004, 07:30 PM
I am going to need a new computer for when that game comes out... I unfortunately am only running a laptop at the moment, and I can't upgrade the graphics in it. (well I can but it's not worth it) :P. Anyway hell yea imma play it! >D WOOOOOOOO

TedHead
03-02-2004, 09:39 PM
I'd play it if my computer can handle it... for multiplayer of course. Single player was lousy in the first one...
are the system requirements posted yet?

mike5000
03-03-2004, 09:09 PM
I probally wont play it, I am a Unreal Tournament fan, so UT2k4 will be my online FPS. Plus World of Warcraft, so I wont have any time for Half-Life 2 (only played the demo for first one and did not like it.)

TedHead
03-03-2004, 09:29 PM
Well if you played the demo, it was probably the single player, and yes, it does suck, so I wouldn't blame you for losing interest after that. The best thing about Half-Life is all the mods they make for it. Other than that, it's not all that great.

I'd agree, Unreal Tournament 2k4 will still consume most of my time, but I'm a big FPS fan and I play all sorts of kinds... I mainly play UT and Half-Life now though. My fav mod is Day of Defeat :D

Ian
03-04-2004, 11:49 AM

Buy a Readon. You automatically get a free coupon for HL2, and a bunch of older games:
"For our customers who purchase a qualifying RADEON™ based graphics card that includes the Half-Life® 2 offer and activate their STEAM account before Half-Life® 2 is available at retail, Valve and ATI have added the Valve Premier Pack FREE, which includes the games: Half-Life, Counter Strike, Team Fortress Classic, Deathmatch Classic, Half-Life: Opposing Force and Ricochet. This is a limited time bonus offer that expires once Half-Life® 2 is available."

Radium
03-04-2004, 11:51 AM
When I played the demo I was awwed 'cause of the insane graphics (back in 1997 at least) :D so I HAD to get the game :p

Rainman
03-07-2004, 06:55 PM
I have never played the original. I just played through the demo for the first one and despite the lackluster graphics I was impressed with the gameplay. Half life isn't really a "shoot'em up" but appears to be geared towards problem solving. Half life 2 is the most beautiful game I've seen in my life so yea, you could bet on it that I'm going to buy it, play it, and probably cherish it for the rest of my life.

Grasshopper
03-07-2004, 08:18 PM
Well, I was all over Doom 3, but I'm starting to lean more toward Half-Life 2. Its not like wasn't going to get them both anyway. S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl looks pretty too. *sigh*

Mmmm, I can't wait. :D

DarkDragoonX
03-08-2004, 04:19 PM
I'd play it if my computer can handle it... for multiplayer of course. Single player was lousy in the first one...
are the system requirements posted yet?

Are you insane? Half-Life has a better single-player mode than any other FPS, ever. For one thing, it has an actual plot and instead of playing through levels only marginally connected to one another, the levels seamlessly merge together, giving you the feeling that you really are traveling through a giant military/research complex. Not only that, but the AI for the marines was absolutely brilliant. Until they mod makers popped out Counter Strike and Natural Selection, it was the multiplayer that sucked.

Starfalcon2
03-09-2004, 04:49 PM
I am very forward to play it. When I look at Doom 3 shotscreens thought, "Whoa, look at graphic how they spend three years, and it would be good test on my built super computer; however, I looked Half-Life 2. It was better much than doom 3, so I am forwarding the game!" Even I never play first Half-Life. Really, I dont care about graphic only gameplay, but I like to test on my new computer that is all. If it is good game, then it is great.