PDA

View Full Version : Alpha 184 Side Warp / Boss Music Issues

Exdeath
02-28-2004, 12:15 AM
Since switching over to the 184 player, I've noticed an interesting issue concerning side warps. They now act like entrance/exit warps. In other words,
if you go through a side warp and then die, you will continue in the room where the side warp took you. This comes into play for people creating dungeon rooms with boss music. If you die on a boss now, instead of starting at the beginning of the dungeon, you will start in the boss's room! This leads to a few questins:

Has this been fixed in a later alpha?

Is this behavior by design?

Will there be an option/quest rule/screen rule to control this behavior? At times it could prove to be useful.

fatcatfan
02-28-2004, 02:34 PM
Side warps into a different DMAP have always behaved like Entrance/Exit warps. What is different has to do with "continue here" dmaps.

ShadowTiger
02-28-2004, 11:47 PM
And if you ask me, this is more of a bug-fix than a bug. :p In many other quests, if you hit F6-->Continue, you would start off at the dungeon's entrance, but with the boss music playing. :p Good fun. ;) So I'm grateful for this. .. Despite that I haven't actually downloaded 184 yet. :p

Exdeath
02-29-2004, 03:24 PM
And if you ask me, this is more of a bug-fix than a bug. :p In many other quests, if you hit F6-->Continue, you would start off at the dungeon's entrance, but with the boss music playing. :p Good fun. ;) So I'm grateful for this. .. Despite that I haven't actually downloaded 184 yet. :p

I guess, but whereas before, the continue room was correct (the beginning of the dungeon) and the music was wrong, now the room and music are wrong.
I know this is by design, but it would be cool if there were two types of scrolling warps. One that acted like and entrance/exit warp (as the current one now behaves), and one that acted like an insta-warp type.
I can think of good uses for both types of scrolling warps if two different kinds existed!

ShadowTiger
02-29-2004, 04:15 PM
Maybe you can just have him walk into the room, and a pit warp takes you to an identical room, but with different music. That would take care of your side warp problem. :p

Exdeath
02-29-2004, 11:26 PM
Thanks. I've already devised several workarounds of my own, your suggestion is one of them. It would just be nice if there were scrolling side warps that behaved both ways.