PDA

View Full Version : opinions on my improved mountain tiles

Questwizard88
02-27-2004, 11:55 PM
i have been working on my tileset for my quest, and ive made improvements to the cake layer mountains, and prince's mountains that he released, and i wanted to get some opinions on how they look. if i get good feedback, i will start improving everything else. I mostly improved on the shading, but i did make some minor changes to a few tiles besides the shading. (i have blurred the pic some because i dont want to release them until i release the tileset to my quest.)
http://www.hostultra.com/~questwizard88/newmountains.php

J.J. Maxx
02-28-2004, 07:47 AM
It would be nice to see an action shot.

Sephiroth
02-28-2004, 09:36 AM
yea.. It would be nice to see an actual screen made with them.. They look nice none the less. :P I would like to see the release of these tiles.. :D

ShadowTiger
02-28-2004, 11:16 PM
No... no action shot necessary. I can slap so many ASWGL references on this baby it's not even funny, they're so hot. QW, ... My jaw is dropped. I say that a lot. But it really isn't every day that I mean it to my very core. And I swear to you upon everything which I hold true about the ZC world... THESE TILES PWN! ^O^

C-Dawg
02-29-2004, 12:06 AM
I'm afraid I don't understand BH4's reaction. These tiles are nice, but they're just recolored Mystic Land tiles. There's not much changed. Prince would have a fit if he saw someone else claiming credit for his work.

-C

Melonhead
02-29-2004, 12:19 AM
They look like they have intestines on the side...

Teilyr
02-29-2004, 12:48 AM
I agree with C.

I don't see much difference, aside from the color..

And, since a retarded monkey can recolor tiles, I don't see the big deal at all.

ShadowTiger
02-29-2004, 12:05 PM
Well then, I guess I'm just a freakin retarded monkey that likes to see that brilliant shine on people's faces when they think that they've made a difference in peoples lives. :sweat:

I'll definitely be using any tiles released by him, if I can recolor them. I have a taste in detail. These are REALLY full of detail. I love them. They look really nice. It can make all the difference in a quest.

Yoshiman
02-29-2004, 12:49 PM
They're a nice recolor. The "layer" mountians are a bit overused, but they don't looks as flat as they do in the Newfirst tileset. It would've been nice if you added a few original tiles to the mountains, say... a rope bridge? :shrug:

But they're still a pretty good recolor. What pallete are you using for the mountains?

Questwizard88
02-29-2004, 12:53 PM
its my own custom palette. i needed a custom one so i could use the 5 shades of gray and 5 shades of brown for all the tiles. i think iam going to be adding a lot to it, especially tiles to go between the different mountains types and colors. for example: tiles to go from the brown cake layers to the gray version of the new mountains.

Freedom
02-29-2004, 02:27 PM
...and ive made improvements to the cake layer mountains, and prince's mountains that he released,
-Questwizard88

Prince would have a fit if he saw someone else claiming credit for his work.

-C

claiming credit?

Questwizard88
02-29-2004, 02:55 PM
i clearly stated right there that they were his original tiles. i didnt claim any credit saying they were my original tiles anywhere. all i said i did was make some shading improvements, and some other minor improvements to them.