PDA

View Full Version : Think EA will screw up a sequel to a classic?

Blonde799
02-27-2004, 11:50 PM
http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/jamesbond007goldeneye2/news_6090269.html

IMHO from reading the whole thing, they already have...:p

Taken from Gamespot.com:
...While the existence of James Bond 007: GoldenEye 2 was something of an open secret in the industry, EA's announcement surprised many. In a twist that's sure to thrill anyone who has ever rooted for the bad guy at the movies, GoldenEye 2 will let "players become the ultimate villain in the Bond universe," according to EA President and COO John Riccitiello.

GoldenEye 2's story will follow a British secret agent who is dismissed from MI6's '00' (double-O) program for "reckless brutality." Like the fallen spy played by Sean Bean in GoldenEye the film, players will soon enter the criminal underworld. Eventually, they'll link up with Auric Goldfinger, considered by many to be the best Bond villain ever from the film that bears his name, Goldfinger. The game's goal will be to seize control of the "world's greatest criminal organization," which is presumably the S.P.E.C.T.R.E. crime syndicate. GameSpot will have more details on the game as they become available.

I hope I have an option to be Bond. I hate being a villain, they always lose.:p

Warlock
02-27-2004, 11:57 PM
That was Sean Bean in that movie? Bah, now that I think of it, it WAS him.. haha.. crazy..

Oh, and yeah, I have little faith in EA to make the game good. They have sports and that's about all they're good at (in general, they have gotten better in recent years).

Dart Zaidyer
02-28-2004, 12:52 AM
I don't think they can do much to screw it up... When it comes to sequels, EA is very good at creating slightly new content under the same gameplay premises without adding very many new innovations.

Blonde799
02-28-2004, 01:31 AM
Note all the bad attempts at Bond games. Dead giveaway. j/k

I just hope that the game contains what made Goldeneye so good, along with adding new things. If the first game in a series like this is obviously better than the sequel, than there is no god.:p

AtmaWeapon
02-28-2004, 01:35 AM
As long as James Bond cannot jump, and the guards have like a 1/10000 chance of suiciding, it will be cool.

Seriously, I saw some weird stuff playing Goldeneye. Once I saw a guard go through the "swatting at a fly" animation, and somehow his gun went off in the middle of the animation. He hit himself in the head and died. Another time I was at a friend's house and saw one of the guys with the RC-P90 or whatever doing the "scratching my bum" animation, and SAME THING, the gun goes off and he dies.

Plus, there's nothing quite like All Guns + Invisibility + Invincibility, then trying to see just how far you can propel a person with proximity mines. My personal favorite was when I made a scientist fly from an elevated platform down the stairs onto the ground.

I also did some glitchy deaths. In Facility, I'd try to die while just over the grate in the bathroom. If done right, you would fall during the death sequence face first onto the toilet. Once I even got it synced with the death music, so I hit the ground at the end of the first sharp note.

So as long as you can do stuff that has absolutely nothing to do with your mission, it should be fun. Who else spent hours running over people with the tank in Runway?

Blonde799
02-28-2004, 02:02 AM
ME!!!^_^ I love the splat sound enemies make when you run them over.

Running around in the tanks was pretty cool. Well, until you came across rocket launching kooks.:p

aces2022
02-28-2004, 10:16 AM
I have a feeling they will majorly screw it up by not taking their time like most of the other developers anymore. They will have people hoping for the best game ever and then it won't even come close.

AlexMax
02-28-2004, 09:37 PM
If what I heard about Everything or Nothing is true, this has a very good chance of being good.

Melonhead
02-28-2004, 11:46 PM
Hopefully they will at least keep the gameplay the same. I'm tired of this 'just like Halo' crap.

EWild
02-29-2004, 10:05 AM
Hopefully they will at least keep the gameplay the same. I'm tired of this 'just like Halo' crap.

Agreed. I hope they put in all the old levels, and keep the multiplayer the same as in Goldeye, it was just the bomb. Back in the day when there were no XBox's and Halo's, we played Goldeneye for hours. :)

Grasshopper
02-29-2004, 10:25 AM
If what I heard about Everything or Nothing is true, this has a very good chance of being good.

Well, when I played it the other day, I wasn't in much of a Bond mood, so I didn't care much for it, but from what I saw, it does look like the team put alot of effort into Everything or Nothing to make it a great game.

As far as Goldeneye 2, now that the rumor is actually true, is the 2nd half of the rumor true? It was suppose to be Free Radical that worked on it. Goldeneye is practically their game, so if they can get the same people to work on it, that would be assuring.

Blonde799
02-29-2004, 11:14 AM
They probably won't get to work on it, as they're currently developing Second Sight, and they'll probably finish up Timesplitters 3 after that. Who knows.:p

aces2022
02-29-2004, 07:03 PM
They probably won't get to work on it, as they're currently developing Second Sight, and they'll probably finish up Timesplitters 3 after that. Who knows.:p

Timesplitters 3 would be so awesome. # 2 kicked.

Melonhead
02-29-2004, 07:05 PM
Timesplitters 3 would be so awesome. # 2 kicked.

Agreed. I hope they bring back the slew of mini-games(lol, they should call them many-games :D). I must have wasted hours getting platinums.

BTW, how do I get surf time?

Kairyu
03-01-2004, 04:29 PM
Surf time is time spent online. So the Gamecube version can't actually get any. I'm pretty sure, anyway.

imported_Cool_Link
03-02-2004, 04:52 PM
Surf time is the amount of time you stand on the crane in the Hangar stage. There may be more, but the crane is the only one I know of.

Melonhead
03-02-2004, 04:55 PM
Is it hard to do? Otherwise I'd just stay there and leave my GC on all night.