PDA

View Full Version : Those odd 'Misc Types' prompts.

ShadowTiger
02-27-2004, 01:02 PM
What are those things? :odd: In the Sprites-->Weapons menu, what are those misc types prompts? What do they do? :odd:

Mr. Z
02-27-2004, 02:01 PM
Nothing, but they are great to use as an animated graphic in 1.90

C-Dawg
02-27-2004, 02:38 PM
They act like normal items- they can be picked up and such - but they don't appear in your menu.

-C

Cloral
02-27-2004, 02:50 PM
A common use for them is to sell them in front of a minigame. Then the player has to buy this nonexistant item in order to play - which has the net effect of charging the player to play the game. You can either make it look like a token or such (as in ML), or just make it invisible.

ShadowTiger
02-27-2004, 02:58 PM
Um.. No, .. I use THOSE all the time. (Thank you though, for your patience, despite my error in clarity. ;) )

I mean the little numbers under the weapon sprites. Not the Item sprites, which you can test their animation while still inside the window, but the weapon and enemy sprite tile chooser which does NOT show you a preview of the animation. It's the window where you can set the slash tiles, the bush leaves, shallow water splashes, etc. Those windows have strange text prompts, with random numbers seemingly placed in them. Does anyone know what those do?

Cloral
02-27-2004, 04:25 PM
I know the misc value for swords changes how the sword beams behave. I messed around with it for a while to make my flame sword look better, but I forget what each value does. I know one certain set of values makes the animation of the beam breaking apart at the end animate with 2 frames instead of flashing - I used this to make it look more like flames.

VEL
02-27-2004, 04:55 PM
I remembered posting about this before, and I actually found my old post (http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showthread.php?t=66952) without search.

Here are the ones that I know.

1 (when used for swords) makes the sword beam explosion sprite flicker using the "FlshCset" color.

3 (when used for swords) makes the sword beam explosion sprite flicker using the "FlshCset" color, and it uses 2 frames.

45 (when used for magic or fireballs with "AutoFlsh" on) It makes them cycle through 3 different Csets.

ShadowTiger
03-01-2004, 01:33 PM
Aha. So .. then I have a question. (Thanks, VEL and Cloral. ;) ) Suppose I wanted to completely eliminate ALL blinking from my weapons. ALL Cset flashing, all blinking, all ... that.. stuff... from my weapons entirely. So when I "throw" them, they remain the same Cset, and stay that color. The weapon explosions too, would stay the same color. So which misct type number would indicate that... if any?

And another thing. Why can't I get my weapons to stop blinking, even though I uncheck the blink box? (Whatever it's called.) It ALWAYS blinks. (Much like my VCR. :sweat: ..... :rolleyes: ) Even making the Flashed Cset the same as the Cset of the weapon, didn't affect it. What should I do? :shakeno: It's scary, man.