PDA

View Full Version : PSP delayed to 2005

Melonhead
02-25-2004, 07:35 PM
http://games.slashdot.org/games/04/02/25/221252.shtml

Seems that we will not see Sony's next-gen handheld until at least January of next year, instead of November 2004 as previously thought. The reason is because they want to have an adequate number of games ready for launch.

This will help Nintendo out with the DS, probably.

Warlock
02-25-2004, 08:39 PM
Hmm.. missing the holiday season is not good for Sony.. good for Nintendo tho ;) I have nothing against the PSP but I am a bit worried it's going to be super pricey..

AtmaWeapon
02-25-2004, 09:11 PM
I heard they were going to make it a peripheral for the Phantom, and it would come with a free copy of Duke Nukem Forever.

Pablo
02-25-2004, 09:16 PM
Shit. I get to wait even longer for the PSP. :(

Dracula
02-25-2004, 09:22 PM
I wish I could say I'm surprised. :shrug:

Orion
02-26-2004, 01:46 AM
Don't think it's gonna help Nintendo (aside from the fact that i think the DS will flop anyway), cuz when have you ever known them to announce a release date and then actually keep it? I can guarantee the DS will be delayed, probably for the same reasons, and probably won't release in the US until after the PSP has.

AtmaWeapon
02-26-2004, 02:15 AM
aside from the fact that i think the DS will flop anyway

Your lack of faith in the king of handhelds is disturbing.
Perhaps you forget the success of the Game and Watch. You're entitled to your opinion, but I'd much rather pay a sizable chunk of cash for a dual-screen GB than a handheld media station that only outperforms many comparable items already on the market because it plays games. In fact, that description strangely reminds me of the NGage...

OMZ GAMING XTREEM!!!11````

Orion
02-26-2004, 02:18 AM
I never said I was gonna buy a PSP either :P. I just don't think the market is gonna accept the DS. I've been wrong before though.

Melonhead
02-26-2004, 04:59 PM
My thoughts(based on EGM interviews and such)are that the DS is more than a game system. I would not be surprised if it had somesort of "Media Player" function or whatnot, just based on some of the mystery around the whole thing. How sweet would it be to play a game on the top screen while listening to music and seeing a visualization on the bottom?

Cloral
02-26-2004, 09:45 PM
Well, I don't know how useful that would be. I think the visualization would just get distracting. On the other hand, having the top open to a game while the bottom had a map of an area displayed would be really useful.

Melonhead
02-26-2004, 10:37 PM
Well, I don't know how useful that would be. I think the visualization would just get distracting. On the other hand, having the top open to a game while the bottom had a map of an area displayed would be really useful.

Or controlling two characters at once.(Mario and Luigi: SS, but you can split up, maybe?)