PDA

View Full Version : How often do you use rafts?

ShadowTiger
02-25-2004, 01:13 PM
It's been a long time since I've seen a raft really used properly. Most quests nowadays involve walking around, solving puzzles, getting items SMetroid style, and then getting back into some kind of plot. The raft really doesn't seem important, not like the ladder anymore. For example, there's concentration on dungeon design, and plot / theme now. You can use tunnels, and lock blocks, to make obstacles to your design. Besides, the raft is only good for special events such as bypassing lava, or maybe for sailing over "null space" in certain quests.

Have you used a raft yet in your quest? Or have you just stopped seeing them lately?

Petoe
02-25-2004, 01:50 PM
I'd say raft is a quite important item in both of my quests (well, at least in Zelda - Ages)... I even made a raft minigame to MM: DWR which isn't very simple. :)

In other quests... well I haven't seen that much of clever raft usage yet, especially not in the newer quests... but I rarely play other quests so... :sweat: Anyway, DFW's Wind Waker-ish quest seems interesting because it uses raft a lot, and well too I believe.

commandr
02-25-2004, 03:34 PM
I have been using the raft a lot. Then again I haven't released any quests yet.

Arathorn21st
02-25-2004, 05:11 PM
I don't think there's a single quest I've played where the raft hasn't been used, and for good reason--the more items are in a quest, the longer it tends to be. I think the raft is a great gameplay idea (using raft branches,) and the ladder is also good for puzzles, so I still use them.

ShadowTiger
02-25-2004, 05:23 PM
Yeah, I see the ladder a lot in most quests. The raft, I feel has been slightly forgotten. Meh. It's still there, and still used for good occasions.

DarkFlameWolf
02-26-2004, 09:02 PM
well, my next quest will use the raft extensively. Both on the overworlds and in dungeons.

Mr. Z
03-03-2004, 05:28 AM
I use a raft only once or twice in a quest. I just don't like using it in dungeons.

ShadowTiger
03-03-2004, 08:35 AM
Despite the fact that you've used them specifically for your third dungeon in Tgottd. :p

*b*
03-03-2004, 02:20 PM
I've yet to use the raft in a quest. well, there was ONE quest I used it in, but that quest is (hopefully) forgotten and buried away

DarkFlameWolf
03-03-2004, 05:42 PM
*digs out buried quest*
ah-ha! I found it! ;)

ShadowTiger
03-03-2004, 06:06 PM
Not to be rude or anything, but unless you were intentionally spamming, could you at least give us the link to it? :odd:

*b*
03-04-2004, 12:18 AM
Quest Archive (JayeM's, I think), SSJ300, Trunk's Journey

God, that's embarassing...

DarkFlameWolf
03-04-2004, 09:26 AM
it was actually kind of a fun quest. But I do agree, not your best. ;)

*b*
03-04-2004, 04:41 PM
it wasn't my best because I only made the sprites :shrug:

but I think we've strayed away from the topic of this... topic

Foxx
03-06-2004, 07:23 AM
Let's see, Microplex used the raft in one dungeon, and also had a very big cave where you needed raft skills to get through. I don't know how much else I can say because Microplex is old, growing on 2½ years now.

lord_jamitossi
03-06-2004, 12:17 PM
i'm using the raft in the game that i'm making, but not as a raft. i'm making it a train cart and having a little circuit to get from place to place on the map. it's pretty cool.