PDA

View Full Version : Normalize Combo Cycling Timing

C-Dawg
02-25-2004, 01:02 AM
Dark Nation, FatCatFan -

Combo animation is a fantastic thing, but suffers from some rather elaborate timing issues. They've been discussed elsewhere, and workarounds established, but I would like to suggest that you help noramlize the timing issues of combo cylcing so that it can be matched up, meaningfully, with tile animation.

Assume I have a two-combo animation sequence, with each combo animating over 4 tiles at a speed of 2. Then the first combo takes 8 tics to exhaust it's animation sequence. But before the next tile animates, some period of time elapses; I don't know exactly how much, and I can't figure it out. The result is that the TOTAL TIME for the combo animation to complete is longer than the 8+8=16 minutes that a cursory examination would suggest.

Since combo properties don't matter on layers, knowing how to properly account for the "between combo delay" would let us use tile animation on higher layers that matches up with combo animation. And let use maximize efficency in combo animation for.. various reasons.

-C

Dark Nation
02-25-2004, 01:21 AM
Does combo cycling still not work on layers? Even in 1.93 Alpha 2?

C-Dawg
02-25-2004, 01:37 AM
Actually, I hadn't checked alpha 2 yet. I didnt notice if it had been fixed or not; I'll go check.

Either way, it would still be nice to know what sort of delay happens between combos in combo animation for general timing issues.

Oh, and I'm still working on a memo concerning the copyright problems of ZeldaClassic, but I wont have it done until mid March, at this rate. I've got a paper on the liberty implications of addictive drugs and another on Defamation law in Civil Code countries to complete first, and grade takes precedence.

-C