PDA

View Full Version : ZC's Creator has a website

bigjoe
02-23-2004, 07:21 PM
http://www.jcraner.com/

Check it out! Nice layout!

For anyone who doesnt know, J. Craner is the original programmer of Zelda Classic, Phantom Menace!

Lol, from his site..

"I quit working on the game in 2000, leaving it at version 1.84. "Dark Nation" continues development on it now.The official site is at www.zeldaclassic.com, but it hasn't been updated in a long time."

Melonhead
02-23-2004, 08:02 PM
Everything is nice on that page....except for the "Under Construction" thing. :D

Also, I believe he still has the old ZC page somewhere. It uses the layout I like.

As for not being updated, he is absolutely right. Its coming on two years now, and the site has nothing to reflect actual ZC news.(Like new download locations, and new versions. Oh well.)

vegeta1215
02-23-2004, 09:38 PM
I love PM's old ZC page :D That's cool that he has ZC version 1.84 up for download. That was the first version of ZC I ever downloaded. Ah memories...

Solaris_Omega
02-24-2004, 10:28 AM
Who is doing the website now?
I am very very good with HTML and websites...
I could do it, if i knew who to talk to about it...

Jigglysaint
02-24-2004, 05:05 PM
That's not funny considering you are using the exact same avatar he uses. For all we know you might be PM in disguise!

Melonhead
02-24-2004, 08:28 PM
That's not funny considering you are using the exact same avatar he uses. For all we know you might be PM in disguise!

I doubt it. I'm pretty sure that PM either knows-or could figure out on his own-how to make an intro.

Solaris_Omega
02-24-2004, 11:22 PM
Now what would ever... make you... say that... "I"... could be... jer Craner or Phantom Menace? Even if i "am" would i ever tell you, and if i was and i hadn't been around in a while, would i know how to make my own intro's??? just a little piece of mind.

-Watch the Signs-
Solaris is not just an operating system but an
"operating environment".
Omega is "the end".

Just Remeber this "Hence the .COM files" "Sphinx C--"
"It's your Hyrule. Be there."
Ask your doctor if Zelda Classic is right for you.
Rx only

Melonhead
02-24-2004, 11:31 PM
Now what would ever... make you... say that... "I"... could be... jer Craner or Phantom Menace? Even if i "am" would i ever tell you, and if i was and i hadn't been around in a while, would i know how to make my own intro's??? just a little piece of mind.

-Watch the Signs-
Solaris is not just an operating system but an
"operating environment".
Omega is "the end".

Just Remeber this "Hence the .COM files" "Sphinx C--"
Rx only

We'll see. I personally don't think that you are PM, but I've been (really)wrong before.

Solaris_Omega
02-24-2004, 11:34 PM
Yes we shall, it should be noted that i never said i actually was, i just pointed out facts, but u will never know...

Rx only

bigjoe
02-25-2004, 12:53 AM
Wow, this is starting to frighten me! Could this "Solaris Omega" be such an elaborate disguise that he even made a fake geocities website and put it in his signature? If it's true, I'm impressed. If this is not Phantom Menace , I'm still impressed by the ingenious subminal message that I was sent!

KingArthur
02-25-2004, 12:58 AM
Hmm.. I use that Avatar too, I could be PM in disquise as well... the plot thickens.

bigjoe
02-25-2004, 01:33 AM
Hmm, I think I'm on to something.

I went to the fake geocities website and downloaded the copy of alpha 184 that is on that site. The zip file didnt open, which was very curious.

I looked back in this post.

"Solaris is an operating environment"

"Omega = The End"

So I thought "could it mean to change the file name?" I changed the file into a com file. No luck. Then into an exe file. Still no luck. Finally, after changing it into a rar, it opened.

It appeared to be alpha 184. Which narrows our culprit down to someone who is a beta tester.

The quest dir in their cfg file is..

c:\Zelda Classic\ZCBeta192UNRELEASED\a184 - 2\

And, there is a release_notes.rtf in there that seems to document unification 2. So it is narrows it futher down to whoever made unification 2, or whoever tested unification 2.

A most intriguing mystery, but I think it's about to be wrapped up.

Actually, maybe not. I might be out in left field , or in an entirely different ballpark.

Freedom
02-25-2004, 04:16 AM
bigjoe,

that's silly, those files came from ganonator, it didn't open because there was a bad ag.cfg file, and Nick's U2 file ganonator just stuck in there by mistake.

maybe it was a vast right wing conspiracy.

bigjoe
02-25-2004, 04:49 AM
Oh I was just humoring Solaris Omega =P

Actually, Im just saying that to save face.

You're right. What kind of crack was I on?

Still though, you gotta wonder how he knows so much about Phantom Menace.

"Hence the .COM files" was something I swear I remember PM saying. AHHH. *hides*

Solaris_Omega
02-25-2004, 07:17 AM
Interesting, but if i was and if i did, i would never be a beta tester to my own creation...

Melonhead
02-25-2004, 01:01 PM
I just realized how ingenious you might be. Registering an e-mail address with the name Matt could be designed to throw us off....as could your IM screenname. After the Master Hacker incident, I don't think I'll make any final judgement just yet :D