PDA

View Full Version : you want something to be scared about

blew_flame
02-23-2004, 12:13 AM
this sounds exactly like Y2K... widespread histeria, well kinda.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=1521&e=1&u=/afp/britain_us_environment

deathbyhokie
02-23-2004, 12:21 AM
yes, and the pentagon has recently relesed a report that when i shit, it's brown. of course sudden climate changes are going to cause people to freak out and food shortages! i could've told you that.

in reality, it's much ado about nothing. for as long as i can remember, we only had three more years until the world ended, and it was all [insiert most hated world leader's name here]'s fault becasue he signed/didn't sign [insert random enviromental treaty/bill name here]. fact is, they still haven't proved if we're doing anything to effect global warming. for all we know, the earth is warming up as part of it's natural cycle, and nothing we have done, or could do has affected it.

AtmaWeapon
02-23-2004, 01:57 AM
I actually found a /. article once that cited a study that suggested our climate is all-around very much colder than the Middle Ages.

Bottom line, our world has been around for either tens of thousands of years or billions of years (depending on your faith). We have reliable weather data for maybe 100 years. That's not even .001% by one standard, or .000000001% by the other. I don't think we know yet what we are talking about when we mention "global climate patterns".