PDA

View Full Version : Comp crashed while saving...

Teilyr
02-22-2004, 11:50 PM
Well, I just lost roughly 2 hours of tile work.. My comp crashed just after I saved, as ZQ was exiting. Now, when I try to open my quest in ZQ, it says 'Invalid Quest File.'

Granted, the tile work I did is nothing I can't do again but, if I don't have to, it'd be great.

I seem to recall DFW having this problem at one point, and FCF was able to fix her quest.. So, I was wondering if the same could be done for me?

Freedom
02-23-2004, 12:47 AM
you can also open it in the 163 and get your work back, but that will cause problems with the init data and a few other places, but at least you can get your tiles

Teilyr
02-23-2004, 12:59 AM
you can also open it in the 163 and get your work back, but that will cause problems with the init data and a few other places, but at least you can get your tiles

Just tried that... No luck, though. Still says invalid quest file.

Freedom
02-23-2004, 01:21 AM
maybe you can sweet talk fatcatfan then I guess.
I lost a months worth of work the same way, got to trusting it and didn't back up.
I'm working on an area right now I lost, and it's taking everything I got just to stick with it.
re-doing stuff that was a real pain in the first place is no fun.

Teilyr
02-23-2004, 01:24 AM
Well, as I said.. It's nothing I can't do again. Just... If I didn't have to, it'd be great.

Although, it does make me think... While I'm sitting here waiting for FCF/DN to read this, I could be working.

Hm. Wonder if I should.

*b*
02-23-2004, 02:30 AM
take snapshots. lots of snapshots. whenever I finish a few good tiles, I either Export them, or hit F12. that way, even if i DO lose my work, I can get it all back

Teilyr
02-23-2004, 02:45 AM
I usually do that... I just forgot this time because I was in a hurry to test play.

fatcatfan
02-23-2004, 12:03 PM
If you can post the corrupt quest file somewhere that I can get to it, I'll try to recover your data for you.

Teilyr
02-23-2004, 12:32 PM
Sure thing. I'll PM you a link.

Dark Nation
02-24-2004, 05:20 PM
Sorry I didn't respond earlier. If FCF doesn't have any luck, I'll see what I can do (though he has access to everything I do, so I probably wouldn't have much more luck than he).