PDA

View Full Version : end of the universe

blew_flame
02-22-2004, 06:52 PM
stuff like this always makes me wonder if there is something out there bigger then the universe.... though it wont happen for 30 billion year, what would happen if it did???

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=1894&ncid=1894&e=1&u=/ap/20040221/ap_on_sc/dark_energy

man that einstein guy was smart!

Ian
02-22-2004, 08:11 PM
Heh, the "big rip" and the "big crunch". XD The question is, which one would you rather happen?

Dracula
02-22-2004, 08:17 PM
The big rip sounds pretty freaky... The first thing that came to mind was Homer when he entered the 3rd dimension...
CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP

Michael Moore
02-22-2004, 08:20 PM
The galaxies could be sphere shaped causing you to go in circles if you don't know what your doing.

vegeta1215
02-22-2004, 10:43 PM
We talked about something in physics in high school that involved the end of the universe.

Whenever energy is transferred, some of it is lost to heat. Because of this, in the distant future (billions and billions of years), no more energy will be able to be transferred as it will be spread out evenly across the universe. This is called the "heat death" of the universe, and everything will be close to absolute zero.

Check it out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heat_death_of_the_Universe

Pablo
02-22-2004, 11:16 PM
Who cares about the end of the universe, we should be worrying about the end of the world (http://www.johntitor.com/).

blew_flame
02-23-2004, 12:18 AM
wow that stuff is so crazy pablo... sounds like an awesome hoax though

Michael Moore
02-23-2004, 01:34 AM
I am not afraid of Armageddon, I think it will be a neat adventure. :evil:

blew_flame
02-23-2004, 01:33 PM
haha... i agree with you... assuming that i am one of the people left after the "appocalypse", if not then well, armageddon blows...

ive been reading tons of post-armageddon books and i have pondering about what i would do if something like what happened in earth abides or 28 days later happened... and it almost sound like it would be quite the adventure...

*b*
02-23-2004, 02:50 PM
'dark force'... sounds like something from a Sci-Fi movie

"Luke, I am your fater!"

Mitsukara
02-24-2004, 03:05 PM
I'm not sure of the significance of this theory... it seems extremely, well, theoretical... this is of course only judging from that one story, I've never heard of it before.

The way I see it... no one likely really knows what's going to happen. They might believe one thing or another, but there's no way to be certain anywhere but in your own heart. Even then it may turn out that you're mistaken. Personally I feel that I have no idea or way of knowing what might happen in the future, or how the world will go on. I hate thinking about the end of the world, and really and truly pretend it's not going to happen. If it ever does in my lifetime, I suppose I'd die at that time, and if for some reason I was one of only a few people that would survive, I would probably commit suicide, unless I was needed for something. I wouldn't want to live without any friends or family or at least someone I could talk to. I hope the question never comes up, and that no one else would have to deal with anything like that.

Ultimately, I just hope that when a person dies, their hearts and minds go on existing somehow, and that people can still be with each other somehow. I can't really know for certain, but I believe that there's more to a person than anything physical, and I hope that that goes on forever.

J.J. Maxx
02-24-2004, 03:11 PM
If you guys can pick up a copy at your local library or bookstore, get "The Universe in a Nutshell" by Stephen Hawking.

http://a1055.g.akamai.net/f/1055/1401/5h/images.barnesandnoble.com/images/4280000/4284331.gif

Beleive me, it's concise, easy to follow and has alot of cool theories and idea with pictures and diagrams. It also doesn't stay on one topic to long so as not to bore you. I love it! :thumbsup: