PDA

View Full Version : Forum Cleanup

bigjoe
02-22-2004, 03:50 PM
I think a forum cleanup is in order, now that Beta 184 has (finally) been released.

The old download thread should be deleted, and a new one should be made, that includes map maker as well (then no need for a map maker thread)

Also, the AZC ongoing beta reports thread should be archived, and a development thread for the 1.93 version should begin.

As well, all of the "Issue" threads (I.E. command prompt attributes, how to set quest directory) should be stripped of replies and compiled into one issue thread.

This would give the forum a cleaner look. Because, at this rate, new topics will be on the second page!

ShadowTiger
02-22-2004, 03:55 PM
:laughing: Not likely.

But indeed, I think we can mop up some threads. For example, we can make one giant "information" thread, and one giant "Download" thread. All completely indexed, with newer information first.

As for the beta reports, those are like "milestones" for the regular members. We like to gape and gawk at them, and pretend a new beta is coming out soon. Yay. Maybe only the FIRST HALF should be archived. Because everything else, has been used as a reference, at least slightly. :shrug:

Freedom
02-22-2004, 03:59 PM
184 doesn't have a DOS version, so I'm sure there will be many stick with the 183 for that reason.
why remove info we'll just have to turn around and post again?

I'm still building with and using the 183, if for no other reason then the mapmaker

bigjoe
02-22-2004, 04:16 PM
one giant "information" thread, and one giant "Download" thread.

Yeah, that would be great. At least then we could see the threads. A well organized forum is vital for the development of such a project.

abender
03-07-2004, 08:56 PM
Where can I download b184 from

CJC
03-08-2004, 09:31 PM
Yeah, all the links to it have seemed to dissapear (i'm not talking alpha 184, but beta 184) and I didn't get a chance to download it (nor did many other users.).

Sephiroth
03-09-2004, 12:38 AM
Yea.. I want the version that supports the mp3.. :)

ShadowTiger
03-11-2004, 02:03 PM
Well, this is a "clean-up" thread, as well as an organization thread. I would assume asking for it in a separate thread would get some attention.

Have any decisions been made elsewhere in forums invisible to the members, or do people like the forum with six or so stickied threads up here.

Solaris_Omega
03-11-2004, 03:07 PM
We need to have a forum cleanup, I don't feel like having to scroll down half a page before I can even see a new post...

ShadowTiger
03-11-2004, 03:38 PM
Yeah. Another one bites the dust. :p

So what do you think, .. one thread for the information, and another for the Beta Reports, (Just don't touch it at all. It's perfect in every shape, way, or form. :p )

This (http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showthread.php?t=67489) thread and This (http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showthread.php?t=59715) thread can be combined easily, not to mention This (http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showthread.php?t=69338) one. Actually, that last one can go under ZC Downloads. As for the Sign-up list for the Linux Testing, I haven't even seen Darth Cronic lately. (Probably since he might not be allowed to post there for some stupid reason. Hopefully it's not true. Hopefully he's just making lots of money offline. ^_^; ) I wouldn't be sure what to do with that.

Solaris_Omega
03-11-2004, 05:20 PM
Well, I think your idea is a good one, who do we talk do about this, is it Darth or can someone else help?

ShadowTiger
03-11-2004, 06:53 PM
Well, naturally, AGN's local moderatorial staff can assist with the matter. :p It's just a matter of discussion. I'm sure there are many upsides and downsides to tidying up the forums.

For one thing, having lots of threads pinned is a sign of age, but wisdom. ... and piling up clothes on a chair as soon as you get home, if you can get my meaning. (A slight one, at that.)

But it would take less time to look something up (Especially for those of us with slow browsers. ) if there were only a few threads up top. Perhaps a thread with useful information in link form in a thread, like at the top of the general ZC information thread. Now how cool would that be. :thumbsup: