PDA

View Full Version : A Couple Questions...

Dark Lord
02-21-2004, 07:30 PM
Hello, I just have a couple questions about Zelda Classic.

1. How do I scroll through the tiles to the right? In need to see more tiles for my overworld.

2. How do you put in snow animations, rain animations, etc. with other tilesets?

Thanks in advance!

Melonhead
02-21-2004, 08:36 PM
1. Turn on mouse scroll in options, then hover your mouse over the last tile. To scroll alot at a time, use control and page down.
2. See IDK's layers tutorial.

Dark Lord
02-21-2004, 10:57 PM
Thank you very much for the help! Now I have a few other questions to add on to my others:

3. How do you make it darker, as if you were under trees in tilesets such as pure?

4. How do you build screen 80 for the "cave" with the pure tileset, and have the correct colors?

5. Also, where is this Layer Tutorial?

Thanks in advance!

Melonhead
02-22-2004, 12:46 AM
3. Add a translucent layer.
4. and 5. http://www.casadealphadawg.com/zc/zqtutorial and http://www.geocities.com/idontknowtutorial/contents.html?1048292445858
Those should answer all your questions.

Dark Lord
02-22-2004, 10:58 AM
Thank you very much for all of your help! However, I still have this question that was left:

4. How do you build screen 80 for the "cave" with the pure tileset, and have the correct colors? What I mean by this is, when I try to make screen 80 using the Pure tileset, the colors are messed up and the cave tiles wont show up right when I and scrolling through the palletes. (+ and -). Basically my question is, how do I get the correct color for the cave tiles in the Pure tileset?

Thanks!

Sephiroth
02-22-2004, 11:22 AM
on screen 80, hit f4 and then tell it to use pallete 0A on that screen. It's your cave pallete.

Dark Lord
02-22-2004, 11:35 AM
Thank you very much! Now, I have another question:

When I am trying to make a rain layer for map 01 screen 10, I set the layer to 02 screen 12. I go there, but I am unsure of how to make an "undefined combo" with transparent pixels. How do I do this?

Thanks!

ShadowTiger
02-22-2004, 12:54 PM
Oh. Just right click on any combo in your combo page that has a red square inside a black square, and then click on the picture of it on the upper left corner, and select the tile you want it to show. It's usualy a tile with nothing on it, so it's blank. Then press Enter, and enter again, and then place that blank combo all round the rain, and it should be fully operable. :)

Tell me if you have any problems with that, or the explanation.

Dark Lord
02-22-2004, 02:20 PM
Thank you, I understand that now, but I don't understand how to make the screen dark as if you were under trees. How do you do this?

Thanks!

ShadowTiger
02-22-2004, 02:36 PM
Oh. o_0 Then you'de probably need a BLACK tile, and put that on layer 5 or 6, (Because they go over everything. ) then make that transparent.

Dark Lord
02-22-2004, 05:45 PM
I have the strangest problem. When I apply the layer on the other map, it wont show up on the screen I want it to unless I right click the red and black square and apply the tile. What is the problem?

Sephiroth
02-22-2004, 06:34 PM
You will need to fill the tile you link the combo to with a non-transparent black. (not the color with the little x's on each pixel). Then it should work.

Dark Lord
02-22-2004, 07:54 PM
Okay, cool, I got that. But now, I have another question concerning title screens. I have my title screen using map one, and it will use a side warp. I want it to warp to screen 77 of Map 2, but I can't seem to find any option that would let me do that. How can I make the side ward lead to 77 of map 2? Thanks!

Sephiroth
02-22-2004, 09:40 PM
You will need to make a DMAP set up for map 2 then warp it to there from the title screen DMAP.

Dark Lord
02-25-2004, 07:02 PM
I have another question:

1. When I create screen 80, when I test it, (WITH THE PURE TILESET) link shows up inside the door (He is stuck inside the wall) AND the screen is blue. What do I need to do to fix this?

CJC
02-25-2004, 09:45 PM
Set a starting position. To do this, hit the page up or page down key. Continue to do this while watching the big blue box at the bottom. When the number in the corner of that box is 2, you are on position flags. The dark blue square one is Link's starting position for that room. If a non-pit warp goes into that room, Link will spawn there. Click on that box and then click on the spot you want Link to start. Next, click on the box with the green thing in it. That is the continue position flag. This flag set's Link's positioning in the first room of the dungeon after he had died. Place it in the same spot as your start position flag.

(Also, the rupee is for placing items and the staircase is for placing the stair flag (Which changes the combo when the secret of the room is triggered, to change the combo go into secret flags)

If you get confused, check the help file.

EDIT: You do not have to do this for every room of the dungeon/cave. Only for entrance rooms and teleport rooms. And yes, this is necessary for the cave/item room that you set in screen 80.

Dark Lord
02-25-2004, 10:38 PM
Well, I set the blue marker but it still shows up in the bottom left hand corner of the door when I enter. Not only that, but the screen is blue and the bed is red, but in the editor, it looks fine. What do I do?

---EDIT: I am making a new post concerning this matter.---