PDA

View Full Version : How many revisionists here?

AtmaWeapon
02-20-2004, 08:50 PM
I have noticed over the past few weeks that I never make a post without going back to edit it. For some reason, I always come up with some great idea mere seconds after I hit the "Submit New Thread" button. I've tried using "Preview Post", but it doesn't have the same idea-generating powers as its companion. Sometimes it's a spelling error, but more often I add entire paragraphs to my post. On rare occasions, I have problems with the focus almost magically shifting to the buttons and I hit enter accidentally and *poof*, there's my post, half finished.

How many other people here are compulsive editors?

*edit* This is really becoming a complex or something. This is my 2nd edit. The first added the last sentence and the 2nd is this one.

Rijuhn
02-20-2004, 08:56 PM
Recently I haven't needed to really edit my post because they have been shorter and I'm just getting better at proof reading and thinking out my posts better.

SiliconHero
02-20-2004, 09:11 PM
Not me. I don't edit my posts often.

EDIT: Let the records show that I originally said "post", not "posts", as I should have. D'oh!

gdorf
02-20-2004, 09:16 PM
For some reason I never read over my posts until after I actually post them, then I go back and edit. I might save myself some time if I just edited in the first place. :shrug:

hahah! I read through my whole post and don't need to edit a thing! I win!

edit: damn. :angry:

slothman
02-20-2004, 09:54 PM
I rarely edit it after posting but I often edit it before posting. I usually make a few typos that I fix and you never see. :D
P.S. 'before' and 'typo' were wrong but I fixed them.

Melonhead
02-20-2004, 10:25 PM
I do a final read through, but I usually notice a problem after I post. Oh well.

Paradox
02-20-2004, 11:15 PM
For some reason I never read over my posts until after I actually post them, then I go back and edit.
same here. but sometimes I just add another sentence or two.

Ich
02-20-2004, 11:30 PM
I've been using slashdot, and there you can't go back an edit. so I've been using the feature less and less.

VEL
02-20-2004, 11:36 PM
I usually just edit my posts when I make a spelling mistake, or something like that. I usually read over my posts before I post them, and when I make a mistake after posting them, I usually edit them before the reason for editing thing shows up.

Drunken Tiger
02-21-2004, 01:35 AM
When something i post makes no sense what so ever, i would edit it.. Or maybe just the random typo... But normally I dont edit my posts.. :shrug:

goKi
02-21-2004, 02:30 AM
I edit any spelling or grammar mistakes that i notice. Often i don't notice them :D

inori
02-21-2004, 05:14 AM
Most of my post edits involve vBulletin codes that I screwed up. Especially common are when I try to use a smiley that isn't on the list.

Rambly
02-21-2004, 06:20 AM
Hell, I edit my posts all the time. Sometimes, I add extra thoughts that have appeared in my head, that would be best grouped with the existing post... and then alot of times, I like to re-word things, because I didn't like the way it sounded the first time. In fact, I bet most posts I've made have been edited at least once...

EWild
02-21-2004, 08:50 AM
I edit my posts when I forgot to say something, worded it wrong, or screwed up the post totally. Though sometimes I'm just lazy.

No edit for me. ;P

Link 101
02-21-2004, 10:59 AM
I rarely edit my posts, and when I do I notice a mistake after I post, then I go back and fix it. There are no mistakes in this post, I hope. Yep, mistakes whatsoever.:D

DarkDragoonX
02-21-2004, 07:10 PM
I almost never edit my posts for content, I wait until I know exactly what I want to say before I hit the "reply" button. When I notice a spelling or grammer mistake, I edit it immediately, and so usually, nobody is even aware that my post once contained an error. Every now and then something slips through the cracks, but since so many people suck at spelling and grammar anyway, no-one ever notices my occasional faux pas. Never, yep mistakes make ever I do.

Archibaldo
02-21-2004, 10:44 PM
i usually only edit when i make a spelling mistike or i accidentally add a smiley.

Goat
02-22-2004, 08:05 PM
Out of my 3400+ posts, I have maybe edited 3 *shrugs* I dont liek to edit because my mistakes tend to be funny.

Rainman
02-23-2004, 05:36 PM
I edit about every post I make. However, I probably won't edit this one.