PDA

View Full Version : 184 player release comments

Freedom
02-20-2004, 01:49 AM
Thought I'd start a thread for troubleshooting :)

The ag.cfg file has unreleased in the folder location addy so it can't find the other files, EDIT delete it out and open zquestw.exe and write a new one.

Scrolling is real choppy between screens, with vsync on it's better but much to fast, anyone know a cure?

Sound is MUCH better :)

Melonhead
02-20-2004, 04:50 PM
Check the 2D settings for your video card. I had something misconfigured in them, and I noticed the choppiness, but when I changed it everything worked peachy.

Freedom
02-20-2004, 11:56 PM
I don't follow you, check 2D settings where and how?
sound is great, why would that effect the scrolling from one screen to another?

I did change the resolution, and the refresh rate, but that seemed to make no differance at all.

It's not so bad I couldn't live with it, but it is annoying, sometimes it even freezes just for a split second just as link steps into the new screen.

Melonhead
02-21-2004, 12:01 AM
Find it in the settings tab of your display dialogue.(Right click your desktop.)

Mr. Z
02-21-2004, 05:35 AM
The continue bug seems to have been fixed a bit, but I'm still having small problems with it.
In my quest, you enter a dungeon by an Entrance/Exit. After that you have to side warp to another dmap, but if you choose continue you'll appear on the Entrance screen of the other dmap. No big problem, but I have a trigger enemy on the first dmap, which should have been gone, but since it now is on another Level # it returns, making you have to exit and reenter.
So... I continued on a screen I didn't set as continue spot. :(

Petoe
02-21-2004, 06:12 AM
Yes, I have noticed that the continue bug still occurs. But at least boss key blocks should be working now so I am happy. :)

Freedom
02-21-2004, 07:11 AM
Fatcatfan said something to the effect that you continue where you last entered an enterance/exit warp, with that in mind do you think it's still messing up?

seems to me if you use an insta warp it will still take you back to the last enterance/exit warp, but I could be wrong about that.

I'd like it to take you to the screen specified on the dmap you die on, but maybe that's not going to happen.

zfreak2004
02-21-2004, 09:34 PM
Gah... the windows version has never worked quite right for me... its working better than other versions... but I have no sound... any suggestions?

Solaris_Omega
02-22-2004, 10:43 PM
is this for beta testers, or is 184 released somewhere?

Freedom
02-22-2004, 10:45 PM
yea, it's in this thread
http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showthread.php?t=78380