PDA

View Full Version : Replacing a PSX Controller Pin

TedHead
02-20-2004, 01:47 AM
I'm playing some Playstation games when I realize that there are problems and the buttons often won't react when I press them! I pull out the controller to find that I am missing a pin - second from the left.

I'd rather not buy an entirely new controller if I can easily replace the pin... would anyone know how I would go about fixing this? Thanks :D

slayer6896
02-20-2004, 06:09 AM
Even new controllers are missing that pin. I've never actually seen a controller with it.

TedHead
02-20-2004, 02:48 PM
*checks his two DDR pads, Dualshock 2 controller, and regular Playstation controller*

Uhhh they all have all of their pins... :unhappy:

The Savior
02-27-2004, 11:18 PM
It doesn't matter if they have the pin, it's not connected to anything.

Five seconds of googling confirms (http://www.gamesx.com/controldata/psxcont/psxcont.htm) this.

TedHead
03-02-2004, 09:41 PM
Well, having my X button only respond one in every 10 times I press it confirms that it does do something :P

gdorf
03-03-2004, 12:01 AM
Or it confirms that something else is wrong. I am missing it too, and my X button works fine. -_-

I'd suggest opening the controller and seeing if you can find any shorts connected to the x button. I've had problems with controllers that a couple minutes with a soldering iron fixed right up.