PDA

View Full Version : Litter files...

Blonde799
02-19-2004, 12:02 PM
I've never really seen these files before. They look just like the trash files from past betas(they have a "3" or "4" file extension), only they're 500+ KB. I'm posting this here because I don't know what's causing these to appear, the public, or private betas(haven't used the public betas in a few weeks, and these files appeared recently), so it doesn't belong in the bugs forum..not yet anyway.

EDIT:I just found out they were created on Tuesday, February 17, 2004. Although this doesn't say much, I did use the current alpha around that time.

bigjoe
02-19-2004, 12:24 PM
Yikes. Maybe they are like page files? But it happens to me to and I have nearly infinite RAM, thanks to my BroadBrain(TM) adapter.

Dark Nation
02-19-2004, 02:02 PM
Do this:

Delete the files then run ZQuest and Zelda, trying different thigns in each one each time and then exit to see if the files are back. When they come back, delete them and then do the same procss you just did minus a step and see if that causes it, too. Keep doing this until you can pinpoint what is causing it. Then I can fix the problem.

Blonde799
02-19-2004, 02:19 PM
OK, I think I've got it. The same type of file appeared when I started a new file, and loaded up a custom quest instead of the default ones. It appears in the C drive. I also tried just starting a new file, but the results turned up negative.

Dark Nation
02-19-2004, 03:39 PM
So, this doesn't happen in ZQuest? Hrmmm...

Blonde799
02-19-2004, 08:26 PM
Yeah, it only seemed to happen in just the player. I'm sure if they came from the editor, I would've had a lot more.:p