PDA

View Full Version : Proud of my grandma

Eckels
02-18-2004, 06:45 PM
Believe it or not, this woman was my driving moral force when I was a young child. She took me to church, She took me to museums, and I worked on the family Christmas Tree Farm that we all owned a piece of, but she and my grandfather ran.

She lives in NC, but I've always lived in NY. Visits were many when I was young, but as of late there's just been so little time to get together. It's been a few years since we've seen each other.

There's really no point to all of this, I'm just very proud of her, and I'd like to share this article.

http://www.newsobserver.com/mlk/series/story/3288122p-2935701c.html

deathbyhokie
02-18-2004, 06:58 PM
awesome. sucks that they didn't put a picture of your grandmother up though.

Eckels
02-18-2004, 07:05 PM
There's a picture of her in the actual news article. I have the article from the paper in front of me. It's a great picture. but out of the four pictures that accompany the paper article, they only decided to upload the one of the young girl. Figures, huh.

Rijuhn
02-18-2004, 07:14 PM
Wow, I'm very proud of your grandmother's efforts over the years. The world needs more people like her.

Starkist
02-18-2004, 07:30 PM
Very cool. It's weird seeing the name "Eckels" in the article though. :)

deathbyhokie
02-18-2004, 09:01 PM
There's a picture of her in the actual news article. I have the article from the paper in front of me. It's a great picture. but out of the four pictures that accompany the paper article, they only decided to upload the one of the young girl. Figures, huh.

you would think they would put her picture on the web. being the grandmother of god and all