PDA

View Full Version : Being White is so cool!

Ganonator
02-18-2004, 04:36 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2004/EDUCATION/02/15/whites.only.ap/index.html

Wow. My heritage is finally recognized :tongue:

Starkist
02-18-2004, 04:37 PM
Racist. :evil:

deathbyhokie
02-18-2004, 04:38 PM
they've been doing things like this for a while. i seem to remember a bake sale where cookies were cheaper if you were a woman or black.

and i'll be annoyed until arab is finally considered a minority.

Starkist
02-18-2004, 04:42 PM
How about Asians? On average Asians are smarter than white people, so they are not considered a minority. Ergo, black people are a minority because they are stupid? :eyebrow:

theplustwo
02-18-2004, 05:21 PM
This is startlingly similar to that girl who started the white poeple only club at her college to protest the black people only clubs. Well, not startling really, just stupid.

Woe is me, it sucks so bad being white...

Fiyerstorm
02-18-2004, 05:58 PM
That's pretty cool. I'm sick of seeing the American Indian and Black American scholarship ads. I mean not every black or American Indian person is in poverty. This white-only thing is good cause there happens to be a lot of white people who are very unfortunate (*coughliketheonesonMauryPovichcough*) so at least the ones who want to continue their education and do it. <3

But damn. I can't get that scholarship. :( :tongue:

Rainman
02-18-2004, 06:20 PM
How about Asians? On average Asians are smarter than white people, so they are not considered a minority. Ergo, black people are a minority because they are stupid? :eyebrow:
What? Where did you here that. I know it stereotypically thought so, but do you mean to say there is definitive proof. Either way they do have smaller penii. :D

Also, this has the potential to be abused by the white power movement, but I like the idea behind it. I'm not necessarily proud of my "whiteness", but specifically my Irish or Italian heritage.

Feasul
02-18-2004, 06:27 PM
Good. I'm sick and tired of over political-correctness. It's about time the majority gets some reward.
And i think it's "penises."

EWild
02-18-2004, 06:53 PM
Can't we all just get along? :kawaii:

Rainman
02-18-2004, 09:34 PM
Good. I'm sick and tired of over political-correctness. It's about time the majority gets some reward.
And i think it's "penises."
I just think it looks and sounds better that way. ;)

EDIT: according to this there are two correct forms:
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=penis
penises and penes

Anyways let's get back to talking about us honky white crackers.

EWild
02-18-2004, 09:47 PM
That's pretty cool. I'm sick of seeing the American Indian and Black American scholarship ads. I mean not every black or American Indian person is in poverty. This white-only thing is good cause there happens to be a lot of white people who are very unfortunate (*coughliketheonesonMauryPovichcough*) so at least the ones who want to continue their education and do it. <3

But damn. I can't get that scholarship. :( :tongue:

It's like the same thing with the Gay Pride parade. If homosexuals can have their own parade saying that they prefer the same gender and are proud of it, then dammit I want a Straight pride parade. I take pride that I populate, or will populate, this world and help it's survival in the future.

Rainman
02-18-2004, 09:55 PM
The thing is that straight people don't need a pride parade so there is no purpose. However, we all need money so the scholarship makes sense.

EWild
02-18-2004, 10:02 PM
Why don't straight people need a pride parade?

It's like the sane concept as the orignal topic. The majority, White poeple, never get reconition because they are white. Straight people don't get reconition because we are the majority. Though I know that we don't need a Straight Pride parade, but we should be at least be able to have one without being ragged on. :shrug:

blew_flame
02-18-2004, 10:20 PM
i think this has been needed, im not racist in any way but i am more against reverse racism than, anything. racism is an illusion. and the only things keeping it around are things like minority only clubs, tv, or scholorships... its just as unfair as racism... but not too many seem to think about it like that... its just horrible that society does things like this... its so sad

THE FACT OF RACE IS AN ILLUSION and so everyone should be treated the same way... no matter what majority or minority you are...

Rainman
02-18-2004, 10:43 PM
Actually there is a group who holds parades for white pride. They are called white supremicists. Face it, white people don't really need to get more pride. We already won the race race a long time ago and over celebration seems a bit over-zealous. :shrug: (the same goes for straight people)

bigjoe
02-18-2004, 11:29 PM
Actually there is a group who holds parades for white pride. They are called white supremicists. Face it, white people don't really need to get more pride. We already won the race race a long time ago and over celebration seems a bit over-zealous. :shrug: (the same goes for straight people)

Lol, to the outskirts around here at night and you'll REALLY see a white parade.

I happen to strongly dislike racism myself though.

Ich
02-18-2004, 11:35 PM
I wonder if Michael Jackson would be eligible?

Slider Zero
02-19-2004, 04:39 PM
Okay...All jokes aside, this is both a blessing and a curse. The blessing in that it shows that the standard stereotypes for people just don't hold up anymore, and a curse in that it's only adding more fuel to the fire. Either way, I am proud to say that I do not like racism, am among the working poor (what college student isnt?) and still say that this is, in a small way, an accurate portrayal of what the affirmative action system has become today...not because of those in need, but because of those who must be FORCED to assist them.

goKi
02-20-2004, 05:55 AM
This is a serious issue. I beleive that if white people cannot create exclusive groups without it being frowned upon, something has to be done. It is nothing other than racist! Although the politcal meaning of racism is a white person doing something to offend/hurt a minority. When will other races offending or hurting a white person be classed as racist? hopefully this will open the eyes of the idiots we live around.

Ganonator
02-20-2004, 06:27 AM
Originally Posted by EWILD:
If homosexuals can have their own parade saying that they prefer the same gender and are proud of it, then dammit I want a Straight pride parade.Ha. One of my favorite urban legends. There is no such thing as a gay pride parade. There will never be a group of self respecting homosexuals making floats and parading down main street. It's never happened in my town, nor any other city in this country.

And they do have straight pride parades. It's called homecoming at any college in the country. Where straight people proclaim their pride for fucking girls and drinking. Join a frat, learn the rules.