PDA

View Full Version : Calc Programs

ZeldaFan001
02-18-2004, 03:14 PM
I have a TI-86 graphing calculator and I need two things.

First, when I want to put programs from my computer to my calculator, I have a link and a program to do that, but sometimes when you upload the .86g which are group files onto my calculator, it fails sometimes and I end up having to send all the files again to my calculator. So I need a program that can seperate these group files into the individual files that are located in it so I can send them one at a time. Where can I find such a program for my computer?

Second, I usually like to program in BASIC, but writing it on that small calculator keyboard (if you would like to call it that) usually takes more time and is harder to do. My second program I need it so I can type these programs on my computer, save it as a calculator file and then send it using a link. I would like that program as well.

Any help please?

fatcatfan
02-19-2004, 04:43 PM
Well, you can either use the VTI emulator to code on your PC, or as I recall, the official TI-Link PC software would also let you edit programs, and even export/import them as plain text files.

Fiyerstorm
02-19-2004, 05:16 PM
I dunno where to get the stuff at but my friend has a bunch of games on his TI-wet5wqtalkdsjfa calculator. <3 zkart.

Melonhead
02-19-2004, 05:24 PM
Just a warning about going the emulator path: You need a copy of the BIOS. You need a link cable to get these, or you can download them from somewhere.(Illegal, though.) If you really want to do anything powerful on your calc, you need to learn ASM, otherwise all you stuff will run slow as molasses.

AtmaWeapon
02-19-2004, 07:25 PM
I'm pretty sure that TI Connect (http://education.ti.com/us/product/accessory/connectivity/down/download.html), the software made by TI and distributed on their web site specifically for use with their calculators, would do just fine. It can separate the group files for my TI-89 just fine, and I'm even using the $4 homemade serial cable.

ZeldaFan001
02-20-2004, 12:43 AM
Cool, I got an answer!

I knew that program existed, but it's been awhile since I've used it, and after formatting so many times, it's probably lost in my huge backup CD collection.

Thanks!

Radium
02-20-2004, 03:37 AM
Get all your TI Graphing calculator needs HERE >>> www.ticalc.org <<<. I've got a TI-89 and it's sweeeeeeet >D lol it does EVERYTHING :D