PDA

View Full Version : Re-activate the Debug Keys!

ShadowTiger
02-17-2004, 01:05 PM
It has been to my experience that the 182 Debug keys, which were mysteriously left on, would be missed by many people if they were ever gone. They serve as an amazing Bug testing / Beta testing help, in addition to testing one's own quest for bugs. I know they they could prove invaluable.

So why not allow quests the Quest rule of being "Beta" and therefore activating the Debug keys?

For example, suppose I was testing MM: DWR again. Petoe would PM me the password for the Debug Keys, and I would type it in, and the debug keys (+, -, s, etc.) would be active again. We can test without the need for being impeded by an enemy or anything! Of course, he would give the password to me ONLY upon thoroughly testing the difficulty level of the quest. So once that's out of the way, he can PM me the code. :)

So what do you think? Should this be a permanent feature of ZC?

Freedom
02-17-2004, 01:19 PM
why couldn't he just PM you a cheat code?

Petoe
02-17-2004, 01:37 PM
Yeah. Why wouldn't he... I mean I... :) or whoeverjust send you the cheat password?
Well, I have to admit I don't know a thing about debug keys but isn't it the same thing as using the L1-L4 cheats?

MottZilla
02-17-2004, 04:48 PM
Um, no. Dude, if you want "debug keys" or rather the features it provides, use my ZCConsole program available through my signature. I don't see the need for debug keys to be on at all. :O

ShadowTiger
02-17-2004, 05:40 PM
Well what's the point if they only work with 182 Windows? :odd: A 187 is necessary for those of us testing 187 quests! Several of us are stuck because we can't test beyond a certain area due to a number of factors, which the debug keys would ameliorate.

MottZilla
02-18-2004, 04:18 AM
Then you ask me real nicely to make a ZConsole for beta 187. ;p

ShadowTiger
02-18-2004, 09:42 AM
Mottzilla, .. I can't believe you would say such a thing. After I virtually flamed you for a misunderstanding, (Alright, I admit it; I would never flame you. ;) ) you reply with such an unexpected statement.

Yes, the individuals doing testing work would far prefer the use of the cheats activated for testing purposes. They / We are stuck, and some of us may not have been able to download the fixed beta with which to operate within. Our last resort resides in you, and your legendary prowess with coding, and your unsurpassed keyboarding skills.

* Sings Praises To Mottzilla *

MottZilla
02-18-2004, 04:02 PM
I didn't notice. Like I said, if you get in touch with me through AIM I can help you out.

Rambly
02-18-2004, 10:04 PM
No, simply.

Why? Because; if people don't want players cheating on their quests, then the debug keys shouldn't be included. And even if the player doesn't care, he/she can just release the cheats codes. But, that's just my opinion.

Dart Zaidyer
02-18-2004, 10:17 PM
Debug keys tend to get in the way of my preferred keyboard setup for playing ZC.

CJC
02-21-2004, 11:49 AM
Yes, and some of the debug keys really sucked. Like if I was really drawn into the game and I missed the key I was trying to hit, I'd hit the D key and the game would crash. I think the only reason they were in beta 182 was because it was going to be simply for Zelda Beta testers but it got released to the public.