PDA

View Full Version : Shards O' Glass popsicles

Dracula
02-17-2004, 12:09 AM
A'ight, don't bust me for linking or whatever...

Has anyone seen that "truth" commercial (the anti-cigarette people) where they're talking about popsicles (as the title says) filled entirely with shards of glass. Well, what I thought was a sick joke piled with dark humor, is in fact, true... There is a site, just as the ad says: Shards O' Glass (http://www.shardsoglass.com/)

I guess what they're trying to do is portray cigarette companies like this. A company selling a deadly and stupid product that confuses the clueless young people to try it. Well, I'm not a smoker, and I'll never pick up that habit, after seeing one person drop dead after decades of being a smoker. The people at "truth" always have a clever way of getting the word out, but this is the best so far... hey, at least it's better than the mouse lemurs over at Quiznos. :shrug:

How do you people feel about smoking? :eyebrow: Smoker? Non-smoker?

deathofspam
02-17-2004, 12:12 AM
It's like all the simpsons sites they register whenever they give out a website name. whenever you are bored, go to www.whatbadgerseat.com

Paradox
02-17-2004, 12:32 AM
The Shards O' Glass commercial was on during the Super Bowl.

Saffith
02-17-2004, 01:09 AM
Oh, good. The internet needed more stupidity.

Feasul
02-17-2004, 01:15 PM
Yeah, I went to that website as soon as I saw the commercial, although it wasn't complete yet. Those popsicles are actually quite good. As for smokers, I have no grudge against smokers, I just want to say if you smoke around me, please don't exhale.

slothman
02-17-2004, 02:54 PM
You mean those are fake. Here I was eating real shard popsicles. I guess I shouldn't have stopped when blood came out. So if you see a website on TV do you go to it right away. Such as "studynet.edu?" I mean it's better than calling phone numbers to see who they really go to.

Eckels
02-17-2004, 07:43 PM
From the former "Evil Damien" Quotes on Afterblur:

"Goth clubs should serve coffee. Ice cold coffee. With nails and broken glass. And call them 'depresso's."