PDA

View Full Version : How the hell do you beat Ozma!!?

Dark Knight
02-15-2004, 03:27 PM
I just picked up a copy of FF9 a few weeks ago and i am on the final disc and i only have one question:How in the hell do you beat Ozma. All my characters are on level 99 I have the strongest weapons and armor for all of them and they have all abilities mastered and i still get my ass kicked. is there something i,m doing wrong(i am following the stratagy to beat him but that doe not get me to far) The meteor and doomsday magic attacks are the ones that kill me. doomsday usually kills all my characters in one attack. I have the armor that absorbs shadow attacks but it has very weak magic defense so meteor or flare ends up killing me.

is there any way to beat him without cheating, and what items do i need to make it easier.

Cloral
02-15-2004, 04:57 PM
Did you get all the creatures where you give them the jewel stones? If you've done them all, it's supposed to make that battle a lot easier (I think).

Dark Knight
02-15-2004, 07:54 PM
your talking about the friendly monsters you find every now and then right. if so, then no. but i will try it.

Blonde799
02-19-2004, 09:09 PM
Is Ozma the final boss? I wasn't even near 70th level on any character, and I beat every boss without much trouble. I don't remember doing what Cloral said either. :(

AtmaWeapon
02-19-2004, 10:23 PM
How to beat Ozma with an average party level of 1. (http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/game/27583.html) (you'll find it about halfway down the page).

If I'm not mistaken, there's also within that guide instructions on how to beat him without pushing a single button on the controller.

Cloral
02-20-2004, 03:45 AM
Obviously someone isn't familir with GameFAQs policy on linking.

AtmaWeapon
02-20-2004, 07:00 PM
You know, I just thought of that about 5 minutes ago. Fixing.

Dark Knight
02-20-2004, 08:10 PM
Is Ozma the final boss? I wasn't even near 70th level on any character, and I beat every boss without much trouble. I don't remember doing what Cloral said either. :(

No Ozma is not the last boss. That's Necron. Ozma is the secret boss in chocobo's air garden. This boss makes all the other bosses in the game look pathetic(even Necron.)

I came close to beating him last night(within 1000 hp) because he refrained from using doomsday. Of course he used it right before vivi was about to cast flare(takes 9999 hp off). needless to say thank you for the help.

Blonde799
02-20-2004, 08:49 PM
Ah, ok. It's been a very long time since I went on a quest to beat all the bosses in the game.:laughing:

When I loaded a cheat save for this thing(I made the file as my last save was, so I didn't have to go through the whole game again), my memory was jogged once more.:p

Dark Knight
02-21-2004, 02:02 PM
Ozma is now gone and here is how i did it. First I equiped everyone with the reflect ring(or whatever it is called) Everybodies ultimate weapons, armor that absorbs shadow element and casted reflect on everyone during battle. Doing this Ozma did not stand a chance. All of his attacks(that he used on me anyway.) were either absorbed or reflected. Oh, and Ark is the coolest summon monster that i have ever seen. As I said in my previos post "Thanks for all your help."

Dr4g0n0FCh40s
03-04-2004, 09:22 AM
Congrats... I went up there to see what he looked like once and than never really bothered again. I found that the rest of the game was actually pretty easy though. It was probably because my party was mainly zidane/dagger/vivi/steiner. I didn't get all of their ultimate weapons either.

I would have gone back and beaten him by now but my CD got messed up and I really don't feel like buying the game again so :-\.

I just now decided to finish Kingdom Hearts (I played to the little mermaid world and got to the last boss there about a year ago). I got beat it and got both endings i'm just working on getting my ultimate weapons and taking down sephiroth (damn sin harvest). I love his little entrance into the arena, and how the music plays as he throws his arm out, pure kickass.

Dark Knight
03-05-2004, 01:44 PM
yep, that is cool, I suggest you be at level 100 and Ultima Weapon before fighting sephiroth, I beat him on level 40 on hard but it took me about 3 hours straight to beat him, and about 10 elixers. If you hit him before he can cast Sin Harvest, then you will not get hit by it. Just be careful of his fire pillar after you hit him though.

Dr4g0n0FCh40s
03-05-2004, 06:40 PM
Its not really hard to stop sin harvest, its just he moves so fast at times with all the teleporting that it gets so confusing. I don't think theres ever a point where your hands get a break. Your always either mashing the dodge-roll button or your mashing the cure button with a few quick strike raids in between to stop the sin harvest.

When he goes berzerk with the omnislash stuff it gets really difficult because you really can't do a damn thing except get hit. If you manage to break away good luck having enough time to cast a cure.

At least hes not frustrating or annoying like most bosses though. The ice titan gave me a headache.