PDA

View Full Version : think weed is bad for you?

Eckels
02-14-2004, 08:16 PM
CHECK THIS IDEA I JUST HAD OUT. ALIENS LAND ON A PLANET, AND IN A WAY TO KEEP A CERTAIN SOMETHING, LIKE A PLANET, OR TREASURE OR WHATEVER, SECRET... THEY WOULD ENCODE THE SECRETS TO THE LOCATION OF THIS PLANET OR TREASURE OR WHATEVER INTO THE SPEECH PATTERNS OF A SPECIES THAT IT CREATES. WHEN THEY RETURN IN A FEW MILLENIA TO THE PLANET TO COLLECT THEIR DIRECTIONS... THE DIFFERENT LANGUAGES THAT THE PLANET HAVE EVOLVED INTO, HAVE CREATED DIFFERENT PATTERNS OF CODES.
SO THE DIRECTIONS HAVE BEEN DISTORTED. THERE ARE MANY DIFFERENT VERSIONS OF THE ANSWER.

[18:47] <Breaker> so we're created by aliens?
[18:48] <Eckels> NO
[18:48] <Eckels> I'M SAYIN FOR A MOVIE OR SOMETHING

Starkist
02-14-2004, 08:33 PM
In the third Hitchhiker's Guide book, we learn that the earth is actually a giant computer built by these creatures from another dimension who want to know the answer to life, the universe, and everything. The answer is forty-two, but they then do not know the question. So they create the earth, and hope to discover the question through it's development. Ford and Arthur meet a primitive earthling, who spells out with Scrabble-like tiles, "What do you get when you multiply six by nine?"

This of course is the question, since the aliens who programmed the earth have thirteen fingers and count in base thirteen. Six times nine in base thirteen equals forty-two.

Melonhead
02-14-2004, 08:41 PM
When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg
He knows what he's talking about.

:rolleyes: