PDA

View Full Version : Snow! 5 months later than the rest of the world, but it's snow!

Mitsukara
02-14-2004, 12:04 PM
It actually snowed last night and this morning, and stuck! This rarely happens- in fact, I don't think it's happened here for over two years (it kinda iced over for a few days in February last year... but it was like hard, white ice, not really snow). There's about, or maybe just a little bit more than an inch of snow on the ground, so I went out and made two little bitty snowmen, got cold, and came back in. It's nice... everything's really pretty outside, but it's still nice and bright. And it's nice and cold, of course, somewhere in the 20s I think.

Of course... it'll probably all melt in two days... but still, it's really nice. Kind of a special treat. :) I've always kind of liked snow... in fact, I really liked it when I was younger. It's nice, being around it now.

Sorry to make another snow topic, but it has been over two months since the last one, I think... just to give this thread a little more point, do any of you live in areas where snow is rare?

phattonez
02-14-2004, 12:07 PM
L.A. county would be rare. The only time I have seen snow is when I go to the mountains. Usually it is man-made, so excluding the man-made stuff, I only remember seeing snow 2 times. Of course, it has snowed in the valley, but that hasn't happened since 1993.

EWild
02-14-2004, 12:20 PM
You like snow? Please take our snow. Newfoundland has had snow since October I believe. :( It snows almost every night here.

Linkafier
02-14-2004, 01:33 PM
I live right next to Lake Michigan, LOTS of snow. Hmm...so I wonder when it will stop snowing in your area, and when all the snow will melt. Maybe in August? :shrug:

King Link
02-14-2004, 06:28 PM
I like Winter and the snow. It's fun to go out and shovel :odd: or snowmobile (I flipped my neighbours 'mobile on its side a few days ago).

Last month, the temperature dropped to about -40 C (-40 F).

Linkafier
02-14-2004, 06:40 PM
Last month, the temperature dropped to about -40 C (-40 F).

JEESE!!! Is that even possible to survive in? :odd:

King Link
02-14-2004, 06:43 PM
Yeah, it is. Actually, I quite enjoyed the weather :odd:.

Orion
02-14-2004, 06:55 PM
Yep, you can have some of ours too. We got 3 feet on the ground here in MN. But its like this every year (except this year was Wacky, 3 weeks ago we had NONE and then we got a bunch of storms within the last 3 weeks). Nevertheless, we always get it.

Axel
02-14-2004, 07:54 PM
I live right next to Lake Michigan, LOTS of snow.

Cool (pun not intended :D ) I used to live in Battle Creek. Not any more though... :( now I live in Florida, so I haven't seen snow in a while, the weather's unnatural...
But I'm gonna go back to civilization in about 2 years for college.

Mitsukara
02-14-2004, 08:04 PM
I live right next to Lake Michigan, LOTS of snow. Hmm...so I wonder when it will stop snowing in your area, and when all the snow will melt. Maybe in August? :shrug:...or it will completely stop and almost completely melt by the end of today. Thus ends the triannual snow half-day. I love Texas weather...

In fact, everything (everything- even on cars and stuff) has melted except the two tiny snowmen I made earlier. Oh well...

Slider Zero
02-19-2004, 05:04 PM
And through the miracle of weather patterns, the same snow that smacks Jen in the face misses me entirely. Man, just ONCE I would love to see what would happen if Houston got about 3 inches of REAL snow. I seriously want a picture of that moment.

Radium
02-20-2004, 03:42 AM
WAHHOOO!!! SNOWWWWWWW :D It needs to snow here!

Raichu86
02-20-2004, 12:44 PM
Our area got 1-3 inches of snow on the 7th. It melted, thankfully.