PDA

View Full Version : Boss Rooms

Orion
02-13-2004, 01:02 AM
Okay, say I want to put boss rooms in my quest. For this, I tried to use the same approach as what I did for changing music/palletes/what have you on the overworld, which was set the "special DMAP" screen to continue at a screen which was entirely covered with pits, which would then warp you back to the original DMAP screen upon death and continuing. It works like a c harm.

However, I also want to do boss rooms, so I tried a similar method, however, it does not seem to work. You enter the boss DMAP just fine, the boss's name shows up, the music changes, and if you beat it the first time, its all well and good, but if you die and continue, you get warped back to the first screen of the dungeon, but the boss music remains. I have checked everything and it is set exactly as described above. Is this not working because it is a dungeon and it will only work on the overworld (much like trigger > Perm)? If so, is there a better way of doing a boss room with at least a change in music? any help would be appreciated.

Freedom
02-13-2004, 02:32 AM
do an enterance/exit warp.
you also may have a problem with the triforce not registering aprox. 1 in 10 times, like I did.
until there is a new release, that's just the way it is.

Orion
02-13-2004, 01:03 PM
I tried the enterance/exit warp, same effect. I'm not real sure what the triforce registering has to do with it, cuz my problem is continuing from death, not continuing after you get the trifroce.

Freedom
02-13-2004, 02:47 PM
it's tied in to that continue bug somehow.
I should have also mentioned use a cave dmap not a dungeon dmap