PDA

View Full Version : Hi, my name is JJ, and I'm a camper...

J.J. Maxx
02-12-2004, 11:12 AM
It's true. I sit in one spot and wait for the other team to walk/run by and *BLAM* I kill them. Most of the time I win the game for the rest of my team that seems to enjoy running straight ahead, guns blasting and recieving an oh-so-friendly bullet in their vast wasteland retainer of a head.

I think in the gaming community as a whole, campers aren't given their props. It's not easy. I can't camp the same place twice in one game, I always have to fins new hiding spaces to plant my explosives. It's a mind game. They think you'll be in the same place the next round so you hide across from your previous spot and kill them when they look for you. I've killed 7 players of an 8 person team after the other 7 players on my team die horrible deaths. I'm the cleaner. I get MVP practically every game. And yet I usually get the most votes to be kicked out of the game and I get yelled at more often than not when I win.

It makes no sense. Isn't the point of the game to win by any means possible?(Besides cheating of course.) Is it my fault that my whole team has to watch me sit in some bushes for 4 minutes until they can play again? Maybe they should have stayed alive longer.

Regardless, I will continue my camping ways until I start to lose. ;)

[/RANT]

MottZilla
02-12-2004, 01:54 PM
I don't get that either man. Camping is totally fair, because if you camp and suck, you will be killed. I guess they are just upset that you are doing suicidial runs directly at them so it's easier to kill you, or something. Really, in FPS games you're alot more likely to die in close open combat, than say hiding around the corner with some kind of explosive to suprise them.

Really, you are right, it's common sense to use the enviroment to your advantage. They just suck.

J.J. Maxx
02-12-2004, 02:00 PM
They just suck.

Yeah they are just jealous. My skeelz are so l33t.
:laughing:

Some people are happy with me and others get upset. I think the people who get upset are mad they died.

cap2030
02-12-2004, 02:01 PM
Nothing wrong with camping.
It's hard to stay in one spot.
You have to overcome the boredom of it.
A well defended area is valuable in most games.
Nothing annoys me more than when my team cant attack effectively because the enemy got behind us due to someone not guarding an area.

I think people should switch every now and then though so they dont camp every round.

But campers will always be hated on some level.

Same with real life snipers in military.

The practice is generally disliked by both sides of a conflict but it's necessary now adays

Kairyu
02-13-2004, 03:48 PM
I always thought the point of video games was to have FUN.... I mean, if you're actually PLAYING for something like money, cheap your freaking rear off, there's money involved! But if it's just a fun match... then people who JUST camp (and properly) do generally suck. I often (Up to a third of a match, sometimes.) just sit in one spot and blow away anyone coming nearby, but that gets boring. And humans start to expect it, and try to find other routes, or come in pairs with one packing explosives, kamikaze-style. And when other people do it, then you have to do the same thing. It's just basically not fun for me anymore....

Of course, maybe you just enjoy camping. If you do, go ahead, just make sure we're on the same team.

I love when people camp poorly, though. Leaving a side route ungaurded... I go out of my way to come around them on another side, just to kill them. My brother also likes camping with explosives. AT FREAKING CORNERS. He gets suicides a lot... but he is funny to watch.