PDA

View Full Version : wrong return position in dungeon

jackiechad
02-11-2004, 11:37 PM
I know how to set dungeon start and end points. I've built several and they work fine... except for 1. My start point is 60 but sometimes if I die I end up at 61 in Limbo. I can't move at all even if I enable cheats and turn on Walk Thru Walls. I can only reset the game. I think players may frown on that seeing as how death comes swiftly in this particular dungeon :evil: Ahem, anyway. for the first half or so of the dungeon I die and return where I'm supposed to, but the entrance to this particular room is a side warp which the game seems to not like. The warp itself works fine, but as soon as I go thru it, that's when poor Link is lible to end up like Bilbo's trolls, forever unmoving, trapped in stone.
Thanks a bundle
Jackie Chad, master of the Martial Arts but still learning these dang Marital Arts

jackiechad
02-11-2004, 11:46 PM
PS. I'm still using the old version (1.90 I think?) I haven't had a chance to look into the upgrade yet. Little annoyances like having to work for a living and such limit my time for important gaming.

QUESTMAKER
02-13-2004, 07:52 PM
Pure Zc Said That Yah Can't Get Updates Yet.

Bandwidth

Back On Task:
The Grid Can Be In-Correct.
Play Around With The Tools.
Note: If Your Boss Room Is Your Enterance On
A Seprate DMap From The Dungeon,
It Might Work For Putting A Boss Room So Once You Die There, You Come Back There

Also: Try Moving The Continue Value Up Or Down One Number
(Works For Me)

Sorry If You Tried This All ready, Or It Isn't On The Correct Subject.

Cloral
02-13-2004, 09:17 PM
Please don't double post jakiechad.

This problem is known as the 'continue bug'. It has been fixed, but only in a private beta. So there isn't a public version available right now that will fix this. If it happens, you just have to hit F6, save, and then start from the save.