PDA

View Full Version : Zelda Remake

bigjoe
02-08-2004, 11:33 AM
I heard rumors about a Zelda 1 Remake that is going to be released on the GBA. Is this true?

And if so, is it coming to America?

After seeing how well improved Metroid Zero is, you'd know it want to play it.

Mak-X
02-08-2004, 01:19 PM
There hasn't been any news about a Zelda 1 remake on GBA, or any rumors to my knowledge.

There is the Famicom mini rerelease of The Legend of Zelda for GBA, which is probably where the rumors are from.
http://www.1up.com/article2/0,4364,1497643,00.asp

vegeta1215
02-08-2004, 02:11 PM
There is the Famicom mini rerelease of The Legend of Zelda for GBA, which is probably where the rumors are from.
http://www.1up.com/article2/0,4364,1497643,00.asp

I heard about that...I'm debating whether to import the The Legend of Zelda one. I don't know whether they'll port those to the US, but you never know :shrug: Has anyone else imported any of those famicon re-releases?

Mak-X
02-08-2004, 02:28 PM
They're not out yet, but you can preorder them at www.videogamedepot.com ... although it seems they don't have Zelda or Mario listed. I can't remember if they had them before, they could have filled up preorders.

Linkafier
02-08-2004, 03:25 PM
We got the remake on the collector's edition. I don't think we need another one so soon.

Jakq
02-08-2004, 04:33 PM
youll have fun importing now, even though its a week early
for every one famicom mini the stores order, they get 2 copies of each game
only 2
thats why im gonna ebay it eventualy

Orion
02-09-2004, 02:05 AM
I haven't heard much on this, but I am about to release a z3-style zelda 1 remake for zc (been workin on it for two years, its kinda like what metroid:zm is to the original metroid, a lot of it is new). Maybe that will hold you over until nintendo decided to do such a thing. Personally, I would have liked to see nintendo put a little extra time into the Zelda Collectors Edition and overhaul Zelda 1 and 2, and maybe throw zelda 4 DX on there (since you can't buy it anywhere anymore anyway).

Shadowblazer
02-09-2004, 02:07 AM
We got the remake on the collector's edition. I don't think we need another one so soon. Why are people always forgetting the fact that the GBA is portable when deciding whether or not remaking a game for it is worthwhile or not? I don't know, maybe everybody else just sits on the couch and plays their GBA. I take mine with me. Kinda hard to put a Gamecube in your pocket :p

Heck, my girlfriend and I had to wait for a little over an hour for a table at the Outback last night. She read Newsweek, I played Metroid Fusion. :shrug:

Mak-X
02-09-2004, 03:56 PM
I'm mainly glad that Nintendo didn't touch Zelda 1 and 2 for the Collector's Edition, especially Zelda II, I was worried that if it were ever rereleased, they'd tone down the difficulty, and maybe screw up the plot and tone it's content down. I'd rather see the games released in their original form than potentially messing them up, but now that they've been made available again, it'd be nice to see remakes of Zelda 1 and 2 for GBA, or maybe GC if there would be a reason to use it's hardware.

I'm not sure if Miyamoto meant remake Zelda II, or just rerelease it for GC in Japan with this quote. That's already been done except the ZCE disc hasn't reached Japan yet.

Nintendo Official Magazine UK, Sep 2003
NOM UK: Getting onto Zelda, are there any plans yet to re-release The Adventures Of Link? Currently it's only available on the Famicom Disk System in Japan and they've stopped making them.

Miyamoto: That... is a secret. Link's Adventure... if we were to just bring it out again, it wouldn't be enough fun. It's a little rough around the edges, isn't it? The Disk System had certain limitations and if we were using the cartridge format it would have been better. You know, the American version is improved. It would be great if we were to give the American version of Link's Adventure to Japan, but... [shrugs]. Even among our staff, they love Link's Adventure. They're always saying, "Let's do it on GameCube!" [laughs] But I don't know. Not yet.

It'd probably be better to put Link's Awakening DX on a GBA Zelda, since it'd keep its portability that way. That's the only Zelda game I don't have and haven't played, because I have the original from when it came out.

I mainly use my GB Player on the GC to play GBA games now, but use my GBA on the go from time to time, like playing A Link to the Past while waiting at the denist's office.

Kirby of Doom
02-09-2004, 04:21 PM
I think a remake of one of the older games using a WW or E3 2001 (or whatever year it was) style would be cool. I'd like to see lttp remade like that but remaking Z1 would be ok too.

Jakq
02-12-2004, 11:10 AM
Nah, if you are gonna use something new, make something new. i mean it would most definatly cool to pull a metroid zero mission tho but nintendo prob wont retell the original story.

Warlock
02-12-2004, 03:59 PM
That quote sounds more like he wanted to bring the Amercian version of Zelda 2 to Japan (rather than remake the game).

But yes, they should definately do something with Zelda 1 at least. I mean, look at what they did with Metroid: Zero Mission. That game friggin' rocks. And even with all the changes, you can completely see the original game buried in there. They could totally do something like this with Zelda 1 (and Zelda 2 if they were so inclined). I would love to see that ;)