PDA

View Full Version : two scoops

Eckels
02-05-2004, 11:40 PM
Since Kellogs always uses two scoops in each box of raisin bran cereal, couldn't it be implied that the smaller boxes have more raisins per flake in them, than the larger boxes?

This is, of course, not the case since they're mixed in huge batches and then distributed into the boxes of whatever size.

So then isn't their ad slogan inherently a lie? Assuming the scoop is a standard size of measurement, as in, they use the same sized scoop for each box, there would be lower densities of raisins in the larger boxes because the flakes would fill the rest. they never say anything about the scoops varying in size either way, which could be seen as misleading advertising anyway.

what do you think?

Breaker
02-05-2004, 11:49 PM
http://www.onlyinternet.net/preceptor/rm118/advbio/2001-2/smconsumer01.htm

Results from a study of three boxes of Kellog's Raisin Bran:
The number of raisins in box one was 150 mL which is equivalent to two number ten scoops these results were the same for box two also. In box three the results were 200mL of raisins which is equivalent to two number eight scoops. Which determines that there is not an exact amount of raisins in each box of Kellogg’s Raisin Bran.

Eckels
02-05-2004, 11:53 PM
I'll betcha those guys smoke pot too.

Ich
02-06-2004, 12:01 AM
Eck, you made me laugh. Thank you.

Shadowblazer
02-06-2004, 01:32 AM
I may be wrong, but I don't think that they ever specify exactly how big a "scoop" is. Perhaps for smaller boxes, they use smaller scoops ;)

AtmaWeapon
02-06-2004, 01:46 AM
Or maybe they have scoops the size of dump trucks, and they just dump those into the vats when they mix them all!

Cloral
02-06-2004, 04:03 AM
Raisin Bran is pretty tasteless anyway.

Ganonator
02-06-2004, 04:18 AM
yet another reason to not eat Raisin Bran cereal.

You made me laugh, Eckels, and that's what counts.

JayeM
02-06-2004, 11:15 AM
I hate raisins...I like my grapes full-bodied and juicy.

theplustwo
02-06-2004, 12:09 PM
I think the size of the scoop is directly proportional to the size of the cereal box, and the scoops are hand scooped into the ceral boxes by magical faeries, who the fly the boxes to the giant Kellog's warehouse, where they are peed on by rats before being shipped directly to your grocer's cereal aisle.

Rainman
02-06-2004, 01:17 PM
I like Raisin Bran nonetheless, but I have always wondered about that slogan. This reminds me of the controversy over whether Chips Ahoy! was indeed 1000 chips delicious.