PDA

View Full Version : Locks

Dogchew9
02-05-2004, 04:44 PM
My doors wont lock, whats wrong?

Arathorn21st
02-05-2004, 05:21 PM
Umm...do you mean shutter doors? Or do you mean key doors?
Are you going to Tools-->Doors (F6) instead of just drawing the doors on the screen?

Verbatim
02-05-2004, 06:02 PM
One thing that causes a lot of problems is choosing the wrong Dmap type...if don't choose the "dungeon" type in the dmap properties, locked doors and shutter-doors won't work properly.

If it's not that, you'll have to be more specific about what you're doing...

[edit: noticed I forgot to say "don't"....oops.]

Freedom
02-05-2004, 06:03 PM
doors don't work in cave dmaps, unless you paint them in and use lockblocks, and in dungeon dmaps you use the door combo sets, they work ok.
door also don't work on overworld dmaps.

to set up doors as lockblocks the combo is set to lockblock which then causes it to change to the next combo to the right of it, so that would need to be an "open" door.

examples of all of these are in SwanSong, just open it up and take a look, you have the password. :)

I released a new tileset on Ielen's board that has the lock blocks all set up in the combos for you if you think that might be easier, it's a real good set that I've been putting together for over a year now, and is well organized and very complete.

Dogchew9
02-06-2004, 08:29 AM
well, its a dungeon d-map i just checked but it doesn't work. I'm tryin' to lock the doors in a dungeon d-map

Verbatim
02-06-2004, 01:09 PM
To put in a locked door, go to tools->doors, click on the door you want to be locked, choose "locked" and press OK.

The only reason I can think of that that wouldn't work is if your door-sets aren't set up properly...if you're using a combo-set designed for 1.92 that shouldn't be a problem though...if you want to check them or edit them, go to Quest->Graphics->Door Combo Sets.

Yoshiman
02-06-2004, 06:59 PM
Did you set the level number? A level number has to be set in order for doors to work.

QUESTMAKER
02-13-2004, 06:23 PM
Hey! Need A Boss And Triforce Room For Most Things To Work
To Set A Boss Room, Goto The Room,Press F12 And Select "Dungeon Boss"

Also Remember To Turn On Doors And Shutters
F9 And Select "Block->Shutters"

Added: I Hate When I Put My Map Without These Rooms And Test These Things!
Dont Need Triforce room, just place the item down. Data>Items Or Press [I] On
Your Keyboard