PDA

View Full Version : Jury Duty?

Radium
02-04-2004, 10:59 AM
Today I go to court for jury duty for the first time... Has anyone else been to jury duty? How was it? I've heard nothing but bad things. lol :P

moocow
02-04-2004, 11:07 AM
I've yet to have to go to jury duty, thank god.

inori
02-04-2004, 01:04 PM
I went once, but they didn't need me, so I went home. Got me out of a meeting, at least... ;)

Kirby of Doom
02-04-2004, 02:41 PM
I imagine jury duty can be annoying, but be fair when you make your verdict. Don't take the easy way out and vote guilty or not guilty just to get out early. ;)

theplustwo
02-04-2004, 03:18 PM
My brother did it, he said it was mostly just boring. They only actually called him to come in one time. He said he wanted to do it though just to see what it was like.

Radium
02-04-2004, 04:53 PM
Well, I went and the prosecuter rejected me :) woohoo! ;) lol it was interesting I suppose... It was kinda boring though got to find a bunch of stuff about a bunch of complete strangers though :D hahaha

slothman
02-04-2004, 05:00 PM
I was called but didn't get on. I might want to try to get on at one point to see what it's like.

Ich
02-04-2004, 05:55 PM
You should try to do it at least once in your life, and after that try to get the prosecutor or the defense to reject you. How to do that is act like you have extremely controversial views, or,if you already do, just be yourself.

Radium
02-04-2004, 06:03 PM
You should try to do it at least once in your life, and after that try to get the prosecutor or the defense to reject you. How to do that is act like you have extremely controversial views, or,if you already do, just be yourself.

That's what I did, I got into the courtroom and they went through the whole process of selecting jurors and I was rejected by the prosecuter. It was pretty interesting really, the judge we had was very cool too.

[edit: I miss read a bit, I did the second part of what you said. lol I just was being myself and she rejected me, maybe next time I'll be on the jury? we'll see.]

Warlock
02-04-2004, 06:24 PM
I was supposed to go for that once, but I got out of it since the trial was in October or something and I was going to be at school ;) yay :D

Drunken Tiger
02-04-2004, 08:21 PM
I wouldnt mind going to jury duty.. but thats only because i have no life and im actually interested in all that "legal" stuff.. lolz

slothman
02-04-2004, 08:44 PM
That's what I did, I got into the courtroom and they went through the whole process of selecting jurors and I was rejected by the prosecuter. It was pretty interesting really, the judge we had was very cool too....
When you said cool judge I was thinking Night Court with a judge to magig on the bench or something.

Radium
02-04-2004, 11:13 PM
I was supposed to go for that once, but I got out of it since the trial was in October or something and I was going to be at school ;) yay :D

I wish I could have gotten out of it so easily. Being a student isn't an excuse here in California. :( You can only have it postponed...

Warlock
02-04-2004, 11:43 PM
I wish I could have gotten out of it so easily. Being a student isn't an excuse here in California. :( You can only have it postponed...

Except that I am a student out of state. It's like a 3 hour drive to go home, and I am paying a shit load of money to go to school. So I fall under the "extreme inconvience" catagory ;)

Shadowblazer
02-05-2004, 03:39 AM
I was supposed to go on January 26th, but it came at a bad time so my service was deferred for two weeks... meaning that on Monday I get to go back and do my time. bleh.

inori
02-05-2004, 11:10 AM
So why were you rejected, Radium? Did they say?