PDA

View Full Version : jobs?

idontknow
02-02-2004, 08:44 PM
does anyone know of any jobs that...
..pay $10-$13 and
..do not require education after high school?
(its for a project for my economics class)

Starkist
02-02-2004, 09:08 PM
Do they have to be legal?

Paradox
02-02-2004, 09:18 PM
working at restaurants...

AtmaWeapon
02-02-2004, 10:06 PM
*Welding can pay $17/hour and more
*Mowing grass can sometimes come out to $12/hour
*Pimping you wouldn't believe
*Drugs == Benjamins

Melonhead
02-02-2004, 10:21 PM
Does it have to be per hour? I don't see that in his post. So he could easily mean task by jobs, in which case mowing lawns would be the best choice, unless you go to some hippie school that lets you smoke your bong in the classrooms and supplies a dating service to its students. Then go with the others.

phattonez
02-02-2004, 10:39 PM
If you live in Southern California, you can use IN-N-Out. It has really good pay and excellent food.

Mitsukara
02-02-2004, 10:59 PM
Well, there are probably others that fit that description, but one that comes to mind, of course, is...

Become a Retainer for the Mushroom Kingdom! Join Today!

Yes, with initiation payments starting as high as $11 an hour, high quality workplace*, and only simple tasks** required of you (mainly composed of saying one-line statements to others, although in higher ranks on the chain of command you may be sent on field missions, or even given the noble task of making bad wisecracks in a high-pitched fakish New York accent). You even recieve a stylish uniform to boot, available in white and red, white and blue, and occasionally white and green (depending on your task and the current uniform style, you may also recieve red pantings, white vests, and on a rare occasion such as for the afforementioned "wiscracking sidekick" class, even inverted hats). The rankings and payments are as follows (newcomers who are accepted for jobs will start at the lowest rank):
* - Note that these conditions due to change if you are kidnapped.
** - See Above.

Townsperson: (Limit: No Limit) Not truly given the duties of Mushroom retainer as of yet, this is the training phase of the job. During this period you will become accustomed to your costume and learn to speak specific lines over and over. The most skillful people in this class may be given 'character roles', meaning you must pretend to have some sort of personality, and sometimes even move from town to town as ordered. Payment $10-$11/h.

Castle Keeper: (Limit: too many) Not truly to the rank of retainer, but higher than townsperson, this class recieves the same general duties as the afforementioned Townsperson class, but may recieve more important lines to say and may dwell in the castle. You will also randomly be required to clean the invisible dust and dirt from specific rooms in the castle, remaining there for several months at a time. Payment $14/h.

Castle Guard: (Limit: Approx. 2) Exactly like the former class, but required to do nothing at all but stand in front of doors for hours on end. Payment $15/h.

Traveling Storehouseperson: (Limit: 4500) One of the most active classes, these are dispatched across lands in designated "Mushroom Houses", keeping three chests of items for any visitors that happen by. You must also then kick them out and not allow them to return. (note: please do not dispose of or keep the other two items. These must be returned to the MKSF [Mushroom Kingdom Storage Facilities]. All violators will be immediately fired.) Payment $20/h.

Secret Storehouseperson: (Limit: 10 or something, certain people were too lazy to count) Similar to the above, but in a more luxurious position and assigned the task of keeping more valuable items. The "Mushroom Houses" you will be assigned to are exactly the same in interior design, but will be stored either in remote locations or digitally converted* and stored in a secret remote device in a nearby mountain, triggered to appear by random difficult-to-enact condition changes in other nearby areas. Payment $35/h.
* - You will remain conscious while uploaded, and also given free cable television access and mentally implanted sleeping quarters.

Castle Retainer: (Limit: 8) Formerly the most elite rank among Mushroom Retainers, this group is limited to only 7 members, and only the most skilled will be given this position (and must have at least 15 years previous experience with the job). As a mushroom retainer it is your job to stand around the castle in the throne room, delivering one-line comments to any passerbys (each retainer must say the same line), and periodically becoming involved in government decisions as a parliament of sorts. When enacting these tasks it is your job to listen to the Chancellor, periodically jump, and deliver one-line statements voicing your opinions of what the Chancellor says. However this class is also extremely prone to being kidnapped, and this unfortunately happens often. During these scenarios you must stand around for hours in a castle, in an easily escapable room with no locks or doors, and a nearby ax with which you could easily defeat your kidnapper. Payment $600/h.
Note that you are required by law, however, to stand only in one place during a kidnapping scenario, waiting to be rescued- any attempts to escape will result in your immediate firing.

Chancellor: (Limit: 1) Note that this job is applicable only by not-short, mustached folk. This was previously only available to men, but the Sporebearer's Rights Movement enacted that this job be available to mustached people of both genders. The current Chancellor is one such person, as noted by their line "I almost dropped my spores". Chancellor, the supreme figure of the Mushroom Parliament (ranking below the Princess), this person is endowed with the job of making all legal decisions for the kingdom. These include listening to Mario, talking to Mario, giving Mario lame advice and commands that he already knew, and pacing around listening to Mario's story while going "Egads!" and "Oh Dear!" and enacting many other general acts of pansyness. Payment $601 per conversation with Mario.

The Royal Toad: (Limit: 1) Sometimes thought to be a higher class than that of Chancellor, but still legally beneath the Chancellor, this is the most elite and difficult to reach task (short of the afforementioned facial hair requirements required for the job of Chancellor). This task has the most action-filled job, as they are often called to compete in the Mushroom Kingdom's many silly tournaments and sometimes to take a role of major action character. The physical requirements state that you must be able to run fast and pick up and throw nearly anything, but that you will have little to no ability to jump at all. You must also not be able to swim (pursuant to article SMBSS.03.BMATLK). The more experienced will be forced to make poor attempts at wit and sarcasm at nearly every turn. NOTE: You must have at least 1,567 and 1/4 years experience with the league of Mushroom Retainers to be eligable for this job. Payment $2 an hour (because no one likes people of this class), $4 for all action jobs (except "puzzle" cases, which despite being liked by the author of this document, are despised by all others throughout the universe; taking part in such jobs will dock your result in docking your pay for 9 years, or paying $5,010,029 up front to lower the docking to 5 years.)

So what are you waiting for? Apply today! Now hiring all classes below Mushroom Retainer. Remember, Princess Toadstool wants YOU to join!

To be on topic... privately working for individuals rather than corporations can often pay a lot, since it's entirely dependent on the discretion of who you're working for. However, I don't think that'll probably help with your economics class assignment... sorry. *shrugs*

Melonhead
02-02-2004, 11:03 PM
LMAO!

Sort of reminds me of when Nintendo put out that job request for Nintendo Team, and the only thing that kept me from trying to get in was that I didn't want to have to dress up as a goddamn Pikmin in front of a Toys R Us.

deathbyhokie
02-03-2004, 09:02 AM
..pay $10-$13 and
..do not require education after high school?
(its for a project for my economics class)
My job. alot of office jobs, especially through the state or national government.

Master Ghaleon
02-03-2004, 10:21 AM
how bout truck drivers or construction workers?

Ich
02-03-2004, 10:23 AM
If you hold on to a job for long enough, you'll eventually make your way up to that pay bracket. People who work as a manager for seafood or the bakery make pretty good money, and they have jobs which companies will give you health/dental insurance. I don't get those as a cashier, but I make 6.80 an hour (multiply by number of hours I work by .8 to get my net pay minus taxes).

Rainman
02-03-2004, 06:00 PM
..pay $10-$13

I do hope you mean 'per hour' or that'd be quite a bad salary.

Rijuhn
02-03-2004, 07:17 PM
I know that construction work, or more specifically reinforcing steel work in Viriginia pays a minimum of $10 an hour. That's what I'm doing since the summer. I've been working for my dad part time and now I make $12 and hour.