PDA

View Full Version : Patriots WIn!

jman2050
02-01-2004, 11:30 PM
32-29, though most of you knew that already.

And everyone thought this was going to be boring... this was the best Super Bowl I've seen since Rams-Titans. Finally, Carolina has been put in its place :P

Linkafier
02-01-2004, 11:32 PM
I wasn't really rooting for anybody. New England did great!

Master Ghaleon
02-01-2004, 11:33 PM
I knew that they would win, its rigged :D

Im 8 - 0 betting in Superbowls

cyberkiller6276
02-01-2004, 11:38 PM
This, in my opinion was the best Super Bowl I've seen. Patriots win by a field goal again. Man, Vinatieri must have been stressed to hell.

Melonhead
02-01-2004, 11:39 PM
I forgot the cardinal rule: Never bet against a chick.

AlexMax
02-01-2004, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by jman2050
32-29, though most of you knew that already.

And everyone thought this was going to be boring... this was the best Super Bowl I've seen since Rams-Titans. Finally, Carolina has been put in its place :P

Put in it's place as what, the second best team in the NFL?

They weren't lucky, if that's what you mean. The game was really fucking close the entire way.

I'm not mad or anything, just kinda sad for our team that got THIS CLOSE to winning the super bowl, something that we may or may not have a few years down the line.

cyberkitten
02-01-2004, 11:48 PM
i'm kinda bummed that the panthers didn't win. i tend to root for the underdogs, i guess. they played their best and had a couple unfortunate things happen (punt going out of bounds...), but they came really close, and they should be proud of their game.

jman2050
02-02-2004, 12:00 AM
I wasn't implying that Carolina got lucky, though it might seem that way. After Carolina beat St. Louis, everyone was saying how Carolina, the underdog, would rise up to greatness and claim the title, even against whoever would be in the Super Bowl (even if Indy had won, I still would've bet against Carolina.) I acknowledge that Carolina is very good and fought very well, but I never for one moment believed they would win it all, especially against teams which, quite frankly, are superior.

Carolina has proven that they are good competition. But they are not yet on the level of world champion as some sources have decided to place them prematurely. This win from New England proved what people should've known all along: Carolina still has a way to go before they become the best.

Paradox
02-02-2004, 12:09 AM
This one was too similar to the one two years ago, IMO. Although I'm a Patriots fan, I'd like to see something different. It was close all the way, and that was good. But a game winning field goal is almost becoming too common for us here in New England :blah:

It was a great game, but there were a bunch of penalties and I really question John Fox's decision to go for two with twelve minutes left.

BTW - this is pretty funny: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylc=X3oDMTBpZ2NvMjltBF9TAzk1ODYxMDU5BHNlYwN0 aA--?slug=ap-superbowl-streaker&prov=ap&type=lgns

Fiyerstorm
02-02-2004, 12:55 AM
Damn Patriots.

The Panthers did very good though, it's just a shame those Patriots are freaks. :cry: