PDA

View Full Version : Awesome waitress

AtmaWeapon
01-31-2004, 10:51 PM
Heh, I went to O'Charley's for supper tonight, and the funniest thing ever happened.

First off, O'Charley's in this town is where all the cute girls work. I don't know why, but I have yet to find a restaurant here with as many consistently pleasent waitresses. The hostess seated me, and then my waitress came by.

She was pretty cute, and the first thing she said was "Aww, you're all alone, there's no one you're waiting on?" I told her no, and she took my drink order. I thought she sounded kind of funny when she asked if I was alone, but I dismissed it as simple fantasy.

The straw she brought had a hole in it, so when she came back by, I asked for another one. I took it, and kept waiting for my food. She came back and asked to make sure the straw was OK. I thought this was wierd, usually my servers don't pay that much attention, but I ignored it. From this point on, though, she came to the table almost every 3-5 minutes to let me know the status of my order and apologize for the kitchen taking so long.

After I got my food, she continued to check frequently, even asking if I was getting full, something I can't remember a waitress EVER asking me before. While eating, I was trying to figure out if she was flirting with me or not, and decided I was probably flattering myself. But when she brought the bill, she had left a message on the back:

"Come see me again soon! -Tammi"

This made me feel she was definitely flirting, and maybe expected a phone number or some further input from me. I don't know. I've got a girl already, so I wasn't really interested, but I think it's the first time I've ever had a waitress flirt with me.

So, do you think she just wanted a tip, or was she flirting? I'm just curious about this, such social interactions are alien experiences to me. Talking with strange girls is where I act like the traditional geek. For a while, I was going to flirt back, but when she'd come by and I'd try to think of something to say I'd get nervous and freeze up. So, I just kind of made sure that when she walked by I'd look at her until she made eye contact, and then look away quickly as if I weren't really looking. Anyway, what do you guys think?

Blonde799
01-31-2004, 11:02 PM
I think she was flirting. But you never know, she might've been the local *ahem*... Anyway, you should ignore it, unless she comes out and says "Why don't we meet here for a drink after I get off work?" In that case, kill all PIs in the area, and have a ball.:D

I was kidding. Never mistake temptation for opportunity.:)

slothman
01-31-2004, 11:43 PM
How come stuff like that never happens to me. Probably 'cause I don't go to bars and drink alone.

Ian
01-31-2004, 11:45 PM
Dude, she was using you to get to me :blah:

Nah, it sounded lie she was into you, but it MIGHT have been for the tip.

BTW, how much DID you tip her?

Ich
02-01-2004, 12:04 AM
She was probably flirting. There's a couple of things you can do, the most responsible would be to apologize and tell her you have a girlfriend (after you have the "great service" you said she gave), the least responsible involves purchasing prophilactics at a convenience store nearby.

vegeta1215
02-01-2004, 12:29 AM
It's hard to say. She could've been flirting, but all the things you said she did, like checking up on how your meal was, is what a good waiter/waitress should do! Plus, the better service you receive, the more likely you are to leave a good tip and come back to eat there in the future.

Dracula
02-01-2004, 12:55 AM
I find it very likely she could have been looking for both. Either a tip or a phone number is enough of a sign to her of acceptance. Of course, since you say you're spoken for, you have to be extremely careful.

Mitsukara
02-01-2004, 03:42 AM
There be no doubt on the matter. She is indeed a lower-rank valkyrie, scouring the lands for companions so that she may go forth and do battle with Radurxkatizangodrok, and save the noble villiages of the hills and plains from his icey grip of desolate, innate evil and terror!! For lo, should his evil practicions and schemes carry forth, such utter doom will lay claim to all the worlds, and indeed the 9 worlds of the very Aesir themselves! Foul numerous all-consuming robotic creations shall swarm their very homes! And the rest of the valkyrie lay yet untold upon their fate, but tell is that they were SLAIN by his evil canininical javelin-weilding minions and miniature demonic piles of leaping sludge!! Yay, thou must go forth, lad, and aid this noble Warrioress Heroine (Heroine, mind'st thou), for she shall require as much aid as is possible, and no doubt the next location she shall proceed unto will nay allow her passage without your presense. On your noble journey you will battle many, many fiends, roaming their killing fields for hours honing thine skills, and yay, over weeks thou shalt gain many new levels of strength, and mayhap a few spells (although almost all of your abilities will no doubt be outclassed by this unnamed waitress warrior, your spells will no doubt be of far greater power than any pitiful to no spells that she shall obtain privy of, but alas, thou shalt likely be slain before thou might make use of such powers, as thine HP is no doubt very low, as the second companion). But indeed, thine gravious efforts shall prove worthwhile as thou doth journey across the noble lands, being referred to only as (if mention is indeed made) the companion of the hero, you will mayhap have chance to revive the hero when you prove to not be progressing slowly enough and she is slain by foul demonfolk. It shall all come to pass as a noble achievement as you aid in defeating the Reduxerox Demonlord, for indeed thou shall make the random encounters vanish as all townspeople spout their same three sentances of praise unto thee; and thou shall return to her homeland, where she shall be crowned k-er, queen, and rule and be remembered forever, while you return to thine own bepitied life. Take heart, and join forces with her indeed, for it is thine bespectacledular destiny!! Ride forth, indeed!!

J.J. Maxx
02-01-2004, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Jennifer
There be no doubt on the matter. She is indeed a lower-rank valkyrie, scouring the lands for companions so that she may go forth and do battle with Radurxkatizangodrok, and save the noble villiages of the hills and plains from his icey grip of desolate, innate evil and terror!! For lo, should his evil practicions and schemes carry forth, such utter doom will lay claim to all the worlds, and indeed the 9 worlds of the very Aesir themselves! Foul numerous all-consuming robotic creations shall swarm their very homes! And the rest of the valkyrie lay yet untold upon their fate, but tell is that they were SLAIN by his evil canininical javelin-weilding minions and miniature demonic piles of leaping sludge!! Yay, thou must go forth, lad, and aid this noble Warrioress Heroine (Heroine, mind'st thou), for she shall require as much aid as is possible, and no doubt the next location she shall proceed unto will nay allow her passage without your presense. On your noble journey you will battle many, many fiends, roaming their killing fields for hours honing thine skills, and yay, over weeks thou shalt gain many new levels of strength, and mayhap a few spells (although almost all of your abilities will no doubt be outclassed by this unnamed waitress warrior, your spells will no doubt be of far greater power than any pitiful to no spells that she shall obtain privy of, but alas, thou shalt likely be slain before thou might make use of such powers, as thine HP is no doubt very low, as the second companion). But indeed, thine gravious efforts shall prove worthwhile as thou doth journey across the noble lands, being referred to only as (if mention is indeed made) the companion of the hero, you will mayhap have chance to revive the hero when you prove to not be progressing slowly enough and she is slain by foul demonfolk. It shall all come to pass as a noble achievement as you aid in defeating the Reduxerox Demonlord, for indeed thou shall make the random encounters vanish as all townspeople spout their same three sentances of praise unto thee; and thou shall return to her homeland, where she shall be crowned k-er, queen, and rule and be remembered forever, while you return to thine own bepitied life. Take heart, and join forces with her indeed, for it is thine bespectacledular destiny!! Ride forth, indeed!!

http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/EEK3.GIF

Blonde799
02-01-2004, 11:50 AM
In that case, sign me up! I shalt doeth battle with the rackanackadoo or whatever.:D

AtmaWeapon
02-01-2004, 01:19 PM
Well then I shall perform my duty as a sorcerer, and always ensure my HP is low enough for me to be slain before my casting delay is up! LOL That was hilarious, Jennifer.

bigjoe
02-01-2004, 07:35 PM
I think she was just being a good waitress. If you can get a customer to come back, youre doing your job excellently.

Drunken Tiger
02-02-2004, 02:57 AM
Lol Atma, your story just reminds me of that Southpark episode where this kid spends all his money at some restaurant because the waitress was really really "helpful".. But yeah.. I dont think the waitresses normally leave their names on the the back of the bill.. maybe you shoulda told her to add her phone number as well.. ;)

Eckels
02-02-2004, 03:12 AM
That's exactly what I was thinking, DT.

Gonna have to start calling Atma, "Butters".

inori
02-02-2004, 04:28 AM
Originally posted by Drunken Tiger
Lol Atma, your story just reminds me of that Southpark episode where this kid spends all his money at some restaurant because the waitress was really really "helpful".. But yeah.. I dont think the waitresses normally leave their names on the the back of the bill.. maybe you shoulda told her to add her phone number as well.. ;)

Actually, back in Kansas, I saw waiters/waitresses write their names on the bill regularly. :shrug: This situation, however, does have all the classic signs of flirting.

Blonde799
02-02-2004, 05:15 AM
Originally posted by Eckels
Gonna have to start calling Atma, "Butters".
No way! Then he'd have his own spinoff show for one episode.:p

goKi
02-02-2004, 07:20 AM
I was also thinking of the South Park episode.
As for whether or not she was flirting, hard to tell, she may have felt sorry for you being alone and all...