PDA

View Full Version : SNOW DAY! (well actually ice day)

Link 101
01-27-2004, 11:05 AM
School got cancelled today because the roads and everywhere else are so icey. I am so glad! THE LAND OF ALUNIA IS MINE! Oh, sorry. Well anyways, did anyone else get a snow day today?

Radium
01-27-2004, 11:17 AM
I wish! :P

Link 101
01-27-2004, 11:41 AM
Eh, I kind of want to go to school, but not that much. We will probably get off tomorrow also. There is a lot of rain coming in. We are gonna have some bad ice.

zfreak2004
01-27-2004, 01:50 PM
Snow day here too... SO HAPPY!!! Snow days are about average around here... 2-3 per year.

Kamaria
01-27-2004, 02:36 PM
I got one two weeks ago Thursday, one yesterday, none today, and very very likely one tomorrow.

Snow days are awesome.

Warlock
01-27-2004, 02:48 PM
God, it's -2 degrees here (without windchill, -20 with) with a ton of snow and we NEVER get off. That's college life for ya ;0

Kamaria
01-27-2004, 02:51 PM
Jeeze! Where the hell do you live? Wherever it is, it must be pretty far up north.

Ich
01-27-2004, 03:03 PM
We got an early dismissal at 1. Not really sure why. Conditions haven't gotten much worse since then, and we would have been able to come home. At least we don't have to make it up later in the year.

Paradox
01-27-2004, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Warlock
God, it's -2 degrees here (without windchill, -20 with) with a ton of snow and we NEVER get off. That's college life for ya ;0
hah, that's nothing. the other day it was around wind chill -40 and my school's fire alarm went off (malfunctioned), so we had to go outside with no coats. it was doubly bad for my gym class, because we were all in t-shirts and shorts. stayed out for about 10 minutes grouped together to stay warm :/

...snow's coming to the northeast, so I might get a snow day tomorrow.

Pablo
01-27-2004, 06:18 PM
I was so fucking close to a snow day. If my ride hadn't come by 7:30, I would've just stayed home, but damn it, he appeared at 7:28 :(

Yoshiman
01-27-2004, 06:35 PM
Geez. We live about 5 miles apart and you get off of school while I only get a 2-hour delay. It rained last night, and all the roads and snow had a coat of ice. Trying to get to my bus stop was hellish. I live at the bottom of a hill and the bus stop is at the top. It's alot easier to "skate" up the hill rather than to balance.

I couldn't get on my bus when it came. I had to jump from a snowbank into the door. And having pool class near the end of the day didn't help either. It was freezing!

But, now the ice has been salted and it's all gone. But luckily, we still get our 4-day weekend, which I'll need to go on vacation since we're only allowed to miss 10 days of school :rolleyes:

ShadowTiger
01-27-2004, 06:37 PM
It's going to snow BIG-time here in NY soon. But, we can't get school off, because it's Midterm week. And everyone knows, that you gotta take your midterms. ;)

phattonez
01-27-2004, 09:33 PM
You don't know how lucky you are to get school off for that. The last time it snowed over here was like 1993 or something. I don't even know what that is like. At least L.A. has many better things than the east coast.

Rainman
01-27-2004, 10:22 PM
We got several inches and the roads were terrible to drive on so of course my school did not have a snow day. Our school requires near nuclear winter for a full snow day to happen.

Zeo
01-28-2004, 05:53 PM

My college called off for ice..........yesterday

obi
01-28-2004, 06:40 PM
Im suprised as hell it actually snowed down here, and it snowed a lot for awhile, I mean, seriously, i hasnt snowed like this for at least 10 years....

Needless to say, we had one mother fucker of a snowball fight and stupid amonts of fun :D

God, I can't belive I had so much fun in the snow :D

deathbyhokie
01-29-2004, 12:36 PM

when i went to college, there was one night we got a foot of snow and still had class the next day. and this is in virginia. we're still southern enough that everyone freaks out at the threat of snow.

and i got a snow day from work on monday, but that was it.