PDA

View Full Version : Incorrect Dungeon Entrance

SOALZC1
01-26-2004, 02:41 PM
My question today is I am generally stuck and I have read the tutorial from top to bottom 50 times trying to solve this problem.

Here's the question.

When I enter the location I have set up the level I end up in the dungeon but in a different room then I had specified.

For this particular quest I am building the coordinate was 73 and I can't tell what room it appears to be putting me in instead.

I thought maybe it had to do with the grid coordinate so I thought maybe if I shifted 2 to the left because of the fact I shifted the grid 2 to the right and entered 71 as the coordinate it would solve my problem.

Anyway this particular room didn't have a door at the bottom so I can't even get into the dungeon at the moment.

Anyway that is about the best I know how to describe my problem.

Freedom
01-26-2004, 04:07 PM
On the dmap there is a map grid slidebar, it sounds like yours is off a click or two.

set it about 2 spots from the left and warp in a see if the coorinances match the map if not bump it over a bit more.

make sure you have a level # on the dmap as well.

SOALZC1
01-26-2004, 07:50 PM
Yeah,

Thanks Freedom,

Your right. I solved that problem but now a new one has developed. I've got my entrance under control but now the problem is the triforce is blinking off the map. Plus no matter where I walk on the grid it places me where I am not. How do I correct this little bit of a problem.

Plus I entered Aquamentus as the dungeon boss yet only the heart container appears.

Do these two problems have something in common. I'm Confused.

Freedom
01-26-2004, 10:37 PM
first make sure the coordinances are right on that slidebar, if you are warping to 73 then it needs to be screen 73 otherwise you will have problems in other areas.

set the dmap to dungeon or cave, and take note you can then only use 8 screens from the left.
the triforce indicater is set on the dmap, you have to fill in the screen number where it is located.

when putting in the boss, did you click on enemies in that screen and enter him?
you also need to click on screen data and put in dungeon boss, enemiy = item, and boss roar sfx.

I also recommend clicking on quest rules and putting in "new enemies", and clicking on init. data and putting in "subscreen revision 2"

the dmaps are the lifes blood of zquest, they control everything, make sure they are completely and correctly filled out.

PSolver
02-16-2004, 08:26 PM
Make Sure The Right Warp Is Being Used. Cave/Item Room Warps Won't Work!

Arathorn21st
02-16-2004, 08:39 PM
PSolver (aka QUESTMAKER), you've just bumped up about 10 3-week-old posts with such wonderful work as "Don't Double Post" (after VEL already said not to) and "Hey That's A Good Idea". Will this never end?

Sorry for being a rent-a-mod, but these posts are just really annoying/cluttering.

PSolver
02-16-2004, 09:05 PM
PSolver (aka QUESTMAKER), you've just bumped up about 10 3-week-old posts with such wonderful work as "Don't Double Post" (after VEL already said not to) and "Hey That's A Good Idea". Will this never end?

Sorry for being a rent-a-mod, but these posts are just really annoying/cluttering.
Hey i did't see it. Cut That Out!
I'm Going To Start Ignoring You Very, Very Soon