PDA

View Full Version : The internet must be getting less popular.

bigjoe
01-25-2004, 10:04 AM
I go online, then to AGN.

"There are 1 members and 0 guests"

Then I log on AIM. Empty Buddy List.

Man, I guess everybody discovered a life except me!

Ian
01-25-2004, 10:07 AM
That, or they're all asleep :p

zed_cool
01-25-2004, 10:26 AM
I agree with you BigJoe.. there aren't as many people online as there used to be... weird.. maybe they have turned in to "computerzombies" and are trying to take over the world!.... or they might just have found themselfs another life...

Mitsukara
01-25-2004, 11:17 AM
Well, there's also the matter of time. It was about 8:00 AM central and 9:00 eastern when Bigjoe posted this, and only an hour later now, on a sunday. Unless I'm much mistaken and alone in my usual actions (the only reason I'm up right now is that I stayed up overnight...), Sunday tends to be national sleep-in day, because of the lack of work and school. Those who are up at this time on a sunday are often engaged in other things, likely, too. A lot of people are probably much more likely to be online late at night, or in the afternoon (especially, for some reason, on weekdays; I suppose that the legends and stories are true and that other people do indeed spend their weekends taking on large events, journeys, and conquests. Alas, I have yet to leave my house on many a weekend).

bigjoe
01-25-2004, 01:50 PM
Isnt it funny how everyone gets online the moment I post this just to make me look like a fool? =p

Petoe
01-25-2004, 01:57 PM
Heh.

- That's what I usually see when I go to AGN. But that's because you all are sleeping there in America when I'm awake here in Europe. :)

Rainman
01-25-2004, 02:06 PM
AGN != Internet

Maybe we are getting lives... nah...

Ich
01-25-2004, 02:21 PM
I was asleep when he posted that. I love being able to sleep in.

bigjoe
01-25-2004, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by Rainman
AGN != Internet

Maybe we are getting lives... nah...

Yeah I know , but still.

I have maybe 4 buddies online(no one that I particularly feel like talking to) on AIM. I used to have 20 at the least, at ALL times.

And then I go to IRC and its like

"There are 5 users and 3 channels"

Ganonator
01-25-2004, 03:55 PM
its even stranger when its only 1am and nobody's on (ok, i live in seattle... give me a break)

internet less popular though? i see that. its because your friends all grew up and got a life. same thing happened to me.

VEL
01-25-2004, 04:09 PM
I haven't been on the internet as much as I used too. I've been getting out of the house a little more, and have been working on getting a real life. Usually when I have time to be online for awhile, it is a time when others aren't around much.

Raichu86
01-25-2004, 06:03 PM
I've been slowly slipping away because...

1. I'm depressed
2. I can't find much to do (favorite IRC server being down doesn't help that)

My time online hasn't been affected that much. The times I'd normally be online, I've just been loafing around and playing video games. :shrug:

michael9824
01-25-2004, 08:42 PM
My Girlfriend rachel hasnet been on for a long time. I guess she blocks me from her aim becuase she probably hates me now

moocow
01-26-2004, 02:15 AM
That's why you find a real girlfriend.

inori
01-26-2004, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by Petoe
Heh.

- That's what I usually see when I go to AGN. But that's because you all are sleeping there in America when I'm awake here in Europe. :)

Europe? Try Japan. I'd at least expect to see some of the Aussies, but I don't very often. For me, AGN works out to "jump on, post some stuff, and come back 24 hours later to see if anyone responded."

Banedon
01-26-2004, 08:27 AM
Well, there's no chance of me ever getting a life...I don't even want one. Not where I live, anyway.

Verbatim
01-26-2004, 01:09 PM
Hmm... I think I'd have to go with "AGN != internet" on this one...I think GU has actually gotten bigger than AGN now. What gets me is not looking at the "There are currently 11 members and 8 guests on the boards" but rather "Most users ever online was 46 on 11-05-2003 at 07:13 pm."

Over at GU, there are at least 18 members online (some may have their names hidden), and the number of guests isn't listed. Their high is about what AGN's used to be, before it got lost somehow: "Most users ever online was 71, 07-04-2003 at 02:23 PM".

There hasn't been much ZC activity recently, and OZ has moved to GU...I think until there's a new ZC release, that's the way it's going to be. Once ZC 2.0 comes out though, this place will likely be hopping again, probably hit a new high.