PDA

View Full Version : kazaa lite still tickin?

mike5000
01-24-2004, 11:36 PM
Cant remember if agn allows talk of filesharing programs but I have heard a few rumors and want to know if there true.

I'v been using Klite for about a year now and I'v notice its been slacking in my download abilities of software or "big files"

I recently heard a rumor that Kazaa (sharman networks) won some lawsuit and it gave klite a dissability to access the Fastrack network to some extent. Is this true? I'v also seen that klite has gone over to paying to use the new version or somthin like that (better keep my installation files for my free version!)

Could sobody clear up these myths for me and tell me if im better off going back to the god awful P.O.S. spyware kazaa or not.

AtmaWeapon
01-25-2004, 01:47 AM
Klite is definitely stinking it up right now. I think Kazaa 2.6 supernodes are programmed to reject Klite clients. Not much you can do about it. There's a program called Diet K that supposedly takes the spyware out of Kazaa 2.6, but I can't even install Kazaa because it tells me it's detected Klite. I've tried for weeks to figure out where the devil Klite is hiding, I've uninstalled and done manual seek and destroys.

mike5000
01-25-2004, 03:25 AM
That is very wierd, I can install kazaa with kazaa lite installed no prob. Klite doesnt work when kazaa is installed but i can install either and use them.

EDIT: guess its back to normal kazaa again.... or I can pay for Klite if its even legit... $40 for lifetime pass doest seem bad for me considering how much better klite is!

Gerudo
01-25-2004, 03:37 AM
pfft.. screw K-lite AND Kazaa...

i havent used it for a while anyways, so i might do an uninstall...

DC++ is a good prog, ive heard... if you want what K-lite has to offer, you just got to know where to look...

Mitsukara
01-25-2004, 03:48 AM
The latest version of KaZaA lite I have, I installed in June or so, 2003. I have not updated or downloaded any newer versions since. Whenever I've downloaded anything with it, I haven't noticed any major speed problems in comparison to before. *shrugs* My outlook is, as long as something works well enough for me and I don't see a good, significant reason to upgrade or replace it, keep it as is. Even switching to using a new computer, I elected to copy over the installers of the same old versions of many of the programs I use (including KaZaA Lite, of course). Works fine for me.

Of course, that doesn't mean that I'm againts upgrading things, just so long as I have a good reason to do so. Like if a new feature is added, or if there's some sort of problem with the older version that is repaired in newer versions, or if it's something that simply needs to be updated regularly (such as antivirus programs or ad-aware or something).

Cloral
01-25-2004, 06:52 AM
dc++ is whats to use, especially if youre on a intranet and there are a buhcn of people on it wiht you so yoyu can share with trhem without anyoje from outsiede the intradnet seeing you it really secure. but you shouldt be a prieat arrr.

AtmaWeapon
01-25-2004, 02:39 PM
I have some kind of fileshareing curse on me. I have tried: Kazaa, Kazaa Lite, Klite, WinMX, LimeWire, BearShare, Morpheus, eMule, eDonkey, IMesh, and DC++, and the only one that works at all is Klite. In general, after I stay "in queue" for 25 minutes for a file that has 125 sources according to the program, I assume the program is crap.

And you guys must know some good DC++ servers, when I try and connect to the public ones, all I get is "You must be sharing 10GB of files to connect".

michael9824
01-25-2004, 08:51 PM
warez.com is a good p2p program

raptorscyther
01-26-2004, 01:35 AM
Kazaa, I-mesh etc are horrible.
They install this program called Gator by GAIN software, and all it does is slow down your PC a lot and show advertisements, Completely Useless!
And I think if you uninstall it, Kazaa or Imesh doesn't function correctly.

Warez is another one eh? I just checked the site.

Warez is a spyware-free file-sharing program.

SpyWare free eh? ...Lol i bet it isnt.

Dracula
01-26-2004, 02:11 AM
Originally posted by raptorscyther
SpyWare free eh? ...Lol i bet it isnt.

Nothing is spyware-free, these days... :shrug:

Slider Zero
01-27-2004, 11:55 AM
well....actually there are some things that are spyware free...just not anything that involves the internet. :rolleyes:

Kamaria
01-27-2004, 01:27 PM
I don't care what P2P I use as long as it's RIAA-proof/you can disable filesharing. Spyware can be removed easily.

What P2P programs are good like that?

Ich
01-27-2004, 03:49 PM
DC++ (http://dcplusplus.sourceforge.net) is open source, so it has no spyware, and is as secure as you make it. If you join a private hub, then you can be safer from the RIAA (I say safer, not safe, because there's nothing that's really safe from something as evil as the RIAA).

Radium
01-27-2004, 09:37 PM
Open source software are generally spyware free... and if they did have spyware you could just remove it ;). I use kazaa lite still sometimes, mostly DC++.