PDA

View Full Version : A couple more questions

Linkafier
01-23-2004, 11:29 PM
1.How do you change the string text color? I tried the misc. colors option, but that doesn't work.

2.Is there any way to change the sprites for the "Guy"s. Mine won't show, so I need to know.

Ganonator
01-24-2004, 06:44 AM
we all thought just go Quest > Graphics > misc colors > text, but that was not the right answer. according to DN, there is no way to change the color.

guys are just the tiles, so you can't change them dynamically.

Abei - tile 84 (87?) - cset 8
Ama - tile 85 - cset 8
Moblin - tile 116 - cset 8
Fire - tile 65 - cset 8
Fairy - tiles 63-64 - cset 8
Merchant - tile 86 - cset 6
Goriya - tile 130 - cset 8

hope this helps!

Freedom
01-24-2004, 12:40 PM
to get the guys and message string to show you have to have a level number on the dmap controling them, in some of the tilesets like the descendant for example, some have been removed so when you choose Ama (for example) nothing shows.

On your message string color you can make a transparent backing for the strings on a higher layer, like layer 4 to help it show a little better.

Verbatim
01-26-2004, 11:45 AM
There is one way to change the text color, but it's a bit of a messy one. Text uses the color in the second slot (i.e. color 1) of Cset 0. Obviously Quest->Graphics->Misc. Colors->Text is supposed to switch that, but because of a bug, it's hard coded. Hopefully that will be fixed some day (if it hasn't been already), but until then, you can change the color by going to Quest->Graphics->Palettes->Main, opening Cset zero for editing, and changing the color in the second slot to whatever you what the text color in your quest to be.

If you do that, of course, you have to be careful that you aren't changing the color of anything else at the same time. I don't know of any tilesets that use Cset zero for combos, as long as the one you're using doesn't you shouldn't have any problems with it, just check under Quest->Graphics->Misc. Colors that nothing else is set to use (0,1), or you'll be changing that too.

CJC
01-26-2004, 07:17 PM
Newfirst uses Cset 0 for combos and tiles, so don't try it if you're using that set. Trust me, I learned it the hard way.

Verbatim
01-27-2004, 05:02 PM
Newfirst uses Cset zero for combos? In that case, it's probably much more common than I thought...so I guess I should add extreme caution is recommended.

Happyman
01-27-2004, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by Verbatim
Newfirst uses Cset zero for combos? In that case, it's probably much more common than I thought...so I guess I should add extreme caution is recommended. I don't think it's really that common. Maybe just in 1.90 quests, when palette space was... limited.

Kamaria
01-28-2004, 08:29 AM
From what I hear, DN is doing some serious work on the ZQuest program for the next version. It may take a year and a day to come out, but hopefully text color will be changable, along with a few other things....such as the ability to change font and the annoying, high pitched sound it makes when it's appearing.

Verbatim
02-02-2004, 01:22 PM
If I'm not mistaken, you already can change the sound the text makes via the sfx.dat utility. You can't change it for your quest specifically, but you can change it for your copy of ZC.