PDA

View Full Version : Star Ocean

zables
01-23-2004, 03:11 AM
Allrighty, im goiing to make this short and sweet. For those of you who know what Star Ocean is, I suggest that you start playing it (but obviously get the english patch for it first)

And for you poor buggers that dont know what star ocean is, its an RPG for the SNES that never made it to the states (much like Tales Of Phantasia)... However its absolutely incredible. The battle system is innovative (for the most part, but in a way it does remind you of the ToP system). The graphics are stunning, and they managed to pull off pretty decent shadows to boot!
The music its great, although it sounds like it was done from the same composer as ToP (i should probably check this, being as it is possible due to the fact that both games are by Enix)

Anyways, if you guys dont know where to get the patch, i can post it here just so long as a MOD's not going to beat me with a stick.
I will mention that the patch IS NOT a ROM file... Its An .IPS file

And for those who have beaten me to this game, what do you think of it so far?

DarkDragoonX
01-23-2004, 12:52 PM
1. Yes, Star Ocean is indeed wonderful, if a bit on the easy side.

2. This is old news.

3. Tales of Phantasia is by NAMCO, not Enix. The link between the games is that Tri-ace had a hand in both of them.

zables
01-23-2004, 08:46 PM
well, i guess you could say its a little old, however under a month since they actually released the completed, non-final patch...

and yah your right, ToP was not made by enix, i was thinking Soul Blazer, Illusion of Gaia, And Terranigma...
my bad.

slayer6896
01-24-2004, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by DarkDragoonX
3. Tales of Phantasia is by NAMCO, not Enix. The link between the games is that Tri-ace had a hand in both of them.

Actually you are wrong. ToP was only published by NAMCO, Tri-Ace did not have the funds to do so. In the beginning it was between NAMCO and Enix, NAMCO had more to offer so Tri-Ace went with them. Afterwords most of the people that were in Tri-Ace went to Enix. Both ToP and SO are made by pretty much the same team. Most of, if not all of the orignal Tri-Ace group went to work under Enix.

zables, it was the same music composer on both games,