PDA

View Full Version : Political poll that gives you something back

Hessian
01-21-2004, 08:47 PM
Hey, I haven't been here for a while, but my brother Rainman is still a regular. When I created this poll for my senior project, I thought of AGN as the place to get a lot of people to vote in a short amount of time.

This poll will ask a few personal questions and then ask you about your opinions on many topics. Each answer matches one or even several candidates. The candidate with the most tallies will be the winner. When your are finished with the poll, tell me your ID number and I can tell you who you match best to.

So help me and I will help you.

Click here (http://treadsor.no-ip.com/mulk/)

Kirby of Doom
01-21-2004, 09:13 PM
Canidate Tally:
George W. Bush - 3
Wesley Clark - 1
Howard Dean - 0
John Edwards - 0
Dick Gephardt - 0
John Kerry - 0
Dennis Kucinich - 0
Joe Lieberman - 1
Al Sharpton - 1

This is my first election, and I have no idea who to vote for (though I know who not to vote for). I guess this doesn't come too much as a suprise, since I don't hate Bush like a lot of other people do. But how did Lieberman get a point???

Hessian
01-21-2004, 09:31 PM
Leiberman is a conservative democrat trying to appeal to both sides. Alot of people who are coming up with bush are coming up with Leiberman votes as well.

Paradox
01-21-2004, 09:41 PM
I was ID #15....
the candidate tally says George Bush has 3, everyone else zero. I selected options against Bush almost the entire time :eyebrow:

Starkist
01-21-2004, 10:16 PM
Canidate Tally:
George W. Bush - 9
Wesley Clark - 1
Howard Dean - 0
John Edwards - 0
Dick Gephardt - 1
John Kerry - 0
Dennis Kucinich - 0
Joe Lieberman - 1
Al Sharpton - 0

It's "Candidate" not "Canidate". "Canidate" is a football player for the Rams. Also, many of the questions seemed restrictive, there are points of view that were not represented in some of the answers.

Dart Zaidyer
01-21-2004, 10:21 PM
You should have included a field in the last question about jobs that says something like "cracking down on immigration will open up jobs for legal US citizens".

Unless nobody's covering that issue... In that case, we're pretty much screwed right there.

Hessian
01-21-2004, 10:26 PM
My partner and I have found that it is really easy to make spelling errors within 300 lines of code.

As for the polls being restrictive. I apologize on that. I decided to just put the options that a candidate on my list is supporting. That way you get a point towards someone who is running. If you are dead set against any of the other positions then choose the don't care option since that is what you will be doing when you vote in the election.

The results are a little messed up, but It is obvious that your candidate is George W. Bush. The other candidates that you got a vote in for are also a little conservative.

Kirby of Doom is a little less clear.

I am officially making this a beta version for now. There is a lot of things I am going to change. I am just going to use your results for my paper....

Ich
01-22-2004, 02:31 AM
Canidate Tally:
George W. Bush - 6
Wesley Clark - 1
Howard Dean - 0
John Edwards - 0
Dick Gephardt - 0
John Kerry - 0
Dennis Kucinich - 0
Joe Lieberman - 0
Al Sharpton - 0

And this. (http://www.selectsmart.com/PRESIDENT/)

Starkist
01-22-2004, 03:06 AM
Originally posted by ICHBINDASWALROSS
And this. (http://www.selectsmart.com/PRESIDENT/)

1. Your ideal theoretical candidate. (100%)
2. Bush, President George W. - Republican (84%)
3. Libertarian Candidate (51%)
4. Kerry, Senator John, MA - Democrat (46%)
5. Lieberman, Senator Joe, CT - Democrat (41%)

Who's this "Ideal" dude? He should run for President.

slothman
01-22-2004, 03:06 AM
Canidate Tally:
George W. Bush - 1
Wesley Clark - 1
Howard Dean - 0
John Edwards - 0
Dick Gephardt - 0
John Kerry - 1
Dennis Kucinich - 2
Joe Lieberman - 0
Al Sharpton - 1
I would have guessed that. The problem with this test is that alot of the questions didn't have all possible choices. For example the drug question had no "repeal all drug laws."
I was ID #25.

Ich
01-22-2004, 03:16 AM
Originally posted by Starkist
Who's this "Ideal" dude? He should run for President.

He's you.

I got George W. Bush as 56% agreement with my views, and nobody higher. I think the site says that in the 50s, the candidate is the "lesser of evils" vote.

Hessian
01-22-2004, 03:26 AM
Lol that site is so much better then mine. Oh well, I was planning something of that sort and came up with this.