PDA

View Full Version : Metroid-like games for PC/XBox?

metroidcb
01-21-2004, 04:23 PM
Besides Halo I/II, does anyone know of any games that remind them of Metroid for the PC and/or XBox?

Better yet, any Metroid Prime like games?

Thanks!

cb

Dart Zaidyer
01-21-2004, 09:51 PM
Nothing on the PC, Because no developer has ever tried to think about making one.

Pablo
01-21-2004, 10:14 PM
Be more specific, please. Do you want first-person shooters? Sci-fi shooters? Best-sellers you can buy for cheap?

If you're looking for plain ol' FPSes, try Red Faction 1+2 and TimeSplitters 2. Both on XBox.

Mak-X
01-21-2004, 10:25 PM
For Playstation there is Castlevania: Symphony of the Night which used Super Metroid for inspiration, although that's not Xbox or PC.

Dart Zaidyer
01-21-2004, 10:29 PM
He's not looking for a shooter per se, Metroid is NOT a shooter. It's Metroid. collect items to overcome obstacles and enemies in a free-flowing adventure.

And like I said; such things for the PC do not exist.

slothman
01-22-2004, 03:14 AM
Wouldn't Castlevania 2 count a Metroid-like? It's "only" NES but you collect items there also.

Yoshiman
01-22-2004, 07:31 AM
Castlevania 1-5 and the two Nintendo 64 ones had totally seperate levels like most platformers in it's time. Symphony of the Night was the first Castlevania to use the Metriod engine.

But back on topic, no, there isn't any Metriod-style games for PC or XBOX. I suppose you'll have to wait until Metriod Prime2 comes out (If ever).

slothman
01-22-2004, 08:09 PM
Castlevania 2 didn't have totally seperate levels. In fact when I first did it I had to do "level" 3, i.e. the eye, last. In fact you can go everywhere from the begining except where you need the correct orbs. Just like Metroid. I'll admit that it uses a whip instead of a gun but that's about it.

Dracula
01-22-2004, 08:25 PM
Castlevania was the first full non-linear Castlevania game. It was somewhat similar to Metroid, yet just as sluggish as the first CV game... You can get Castlevania 2 for PC, it's included with the Castlevania/Contra bundle you can get for 10$ or less.