PDA

View Full Version : Best ZC and ZQuest Version

Kamaria
01-21-2004, 02:39 PM
I understand that there's a lot of versions floating out there. Some of them are for DOS and some for Windows.

What works best with Windows XP, as far as mantaining every feature (including sound and music)?

I don't want to mess up and end up with a buggy P.O.S. that doesn't play Midis and has corrupt stuff because of compatibility issues, etc.

Yet I still want all the new features.

Edit: Question: What's worse, a Death Knight or a Super Darknut (not sure what it's called, I know there was another soup-ed up knight)

Blonde799
01-21-2004, 02:54 PM
Death knights are the worst. Super 'nuts are a weak death knight that splits into 2 blue darknuts when destroyed.

VEL
01-21-2004, 02:56 PM
If your using Windows XP, you should use a windows version, I've heard the DOS versions don't work well with XP.

Banedon
01-21-2004, 05:36 PM
I would suggest the Windows version of 1.92...if it doesn't work, try running zquest.exe before zelda.exe (that's what worked for me)...

1.90 might work, but some stuff (like sound) probably won't...

bigjoe
01-21-2004, 11:34 PM
Use Death Knights far and few, and make sure that the character has a chance to beat them when they get to them. They are annoyingly hard and when people dont realize that, they end up making their quest impossible.

Sephiroth
01-21-2004, 11:35 PM
On the subject of Death-knights, I used 5 in my ganon's tower of TLOLAHATS and that is when you have almost all the best equipment and they can still wipe me out.

Kamaria
01-22-2004, 09:07 AM
I see. Thank you for your help.

I might plan to use one or two Death Knights for a boss in a dungeon.

ShadowTiger
01-22-2004, 09:17 AM
* EEP *

Be careful, Kamaria. Some people have A LOT of trouble with those nasties. If you DO decide to put them in, make sure that:

1) You give them at least 16 Heart Containers, the Blue Ring, the White Sword, and either the Hammer, Hookshot, or Fire Boomerang first. .. I would say that that's the minimum.

2) Make sure that YOU can defeat them with the conditions set in #1. Otherwise, it would be VERY unfair. Know what I mean? ;)

Good luck with the Death Knights. You may want to substitute them with Octoroks on Crack though. They're slightly easier, and are more vulnerable to attacks.

Banedon
01-22-2004, 12:26 PM
Death Knights would probably make a good final boss if you didn't want to use Ganon as the final boss...

Kamaria
01-22-2004, 03:00 PM
*Level spoiler, but I could use input*
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
I'm planning to have a multi-floor dungeon, with the stairs to the next floor guarded by a Gleeok, each harder than the last. At the top would be the hardest Gleeok. How would I make a mutliple floor dungeon, how many floors/Gleeoks should I use, and how many heads should they each have?

bigjoe
01-22-2004, 04:27 PM
Umm... Kamaria? I mean... I dont want to come down on you too hard or anything.. but now might be a good time to look at one of the many user contributed tutorials!

You have a good idea with the Gleeoks getting harder on each floor, however, some of your questions have little relevance to others of them, and that would suggest you need some more time to figure out the ins and outs of Zelda Classic. Again, Im not trying to be mean. Sorry if I sound that way.

I can however answer this:

"How would I make a multiple floor dungeon?"

Simple, first you must be familiar with the concept of warping link between dmaps.

Set up a chain of dmaps that are interconnected. Each DMAP will be a floor.

If you dont know how to warp link between dmaps, go to www.casadealphadawg.com and find the tutorial on that site. It explains a lot.