PDA

View Full Version : Quest Database

Odanaki
01-20-2004, 07:31 PM
:confuse2:

At this present time, there seems to be no more Database for Quests that work.

Is there any planning to open one soon?

Thanks in advance

:lol:

DarkFlameWolf
01-20-2004, 07:38 PM
www.purezc.com

Odanaki
01-31-2004, 08:38 AM
Thaks for the Link.

Some of the best Quests are in this site.

But some very good Quest makers are missing. Maybe they are not part of the gang.

Are there any plans to establish again a bank of Quests like the Jayemason Quest Archive used to be?

:darkmage:

Blonde799
02-01-2004, 09:08 PM
I thought JayeM made an announcement, that the QDB wouldn't be open again until a new version/bugless beta of ZC was released.

Goodbye Quest Archive.:p

StarFox
02-01-2004, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by Odanaki
Some of the best Quests are in this site.

But some very good Quest makers are missing. Maybe they are not part of the gang.

We don't upload quests at PureZC unless the quest designer specifically submits his or her quest. We don't want quests up on our site that the quest designer would rather keep private or off the site. It's their property, and we won't steal it.

However, most of the time this isn't an issue because Pure Zelda Classic has become one of the most popular fan sites of Zelda Classic, and people who have heard our name usually do submit.

Also, another reason you may not see some quests or designers is because we only accept full quests. That means no demos or betas.

Sephiroth
02-02-2004, 10:43 AM
Also, My quests would be on Purezc, but they don't accept quests over 2 MB and Mine are bigger than that.

Petoe
02-02-2004, 12:07 PM
How much bigger, Snort? They do accept quests over 2MB. MMDWR is 2.55MB and they accepted it... but if your quests are over 3MB, then I don't know are they too big... :shrug:

What is the limit at PureZC anyway?

ShadowTiger
02-02-2004, 12:34 PM
Well, I'm sure exceptions can be made to accomodate all the more popular quests. ;) No sense in saying "Oh, you can't get into heaven because you were TOO good." ;) Think about it.

Freedom
02-02-2004, 01:41 PM
They might want to reconsider that, quests are going to keep getting bigger.
The search for Elise, the sequel to SwanSong is already 2.4 megs and doesn't even have a dungeon yet, and only has 8 midis at present.
It's going to use at least 65 maps.

That's just the future for ZC

Happyman
02-02-2004, 04:54 PM
Well Snort, as far as I know (please note that I am staff there), there's no such limit. Now, frankly, I probably wouldn't upload anything like... 4 megabytes or over; that's a reasonable limit.

ZCN still does have their quest archive though, I thought. Last time I checked there was.

Sephiroth
02-02-2004, 05:03 PM
Well, Tlolahats is just 4.02 MB and it used like 70 Maps to get it complete.

Oh.. and that's Zipped with my readme text file.

JayeM
02-02-2004, 10:38 PM
Should I go back to working on ZCN's QDB? I thought someone would take it over when I left, but it doesn't seem to have happened...

Melonhead
02-02-2004, 10:43 PM
It might be better to get in contact with someone at PureZC, for a number of reasons. First, PureZC has alot of quests already in place, and second, certain people at ZCN have had 'falling outs' with the members of these forums.

Still, whatever the choice, its great to see you back.:D

Nick
02-02-2004, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by Happyman
Well Snort, as far as I know (please note that I am staff there), there's no such limit. Now, frankly, I probably wouldn't upload anything like... 4 megabytes or over; that's a reasonable limit.

3 megs is the official limit according to Wild Bill (Raichu86). It might be lifted when the place gets enough bandwidth for more, but for the moment, it's 3 megs. :shrug:

Sephiroth
02-02-2004, 11:23 PM
:shrug: yea, I saw that. But unfortuneately, I didn't get to sumbit it as it told me that it was too big.. :banghead:

Kratheous
02-09-2004, 07:11 PM
certain people at ZCN have had 'falling outs' with the members of these forums.

I believe she was asking whether or not she should help out with ZCN, not which site to help out with. Not to mention, your statement is not entirely true. The two people ZCN as a whole has "had a falling out with" are DC and GT, the former because he refused to be demoted even one rank from Owner to Admin, as he clearly wasn't helping out too much. That and the fact that he would argue with everything at least I did. And I suppose that's my fault, which I shall admit to. However, GT was of his own accord after deleting our content since I was trusting enough to give him FTP so he could "upload the last few pages of the Gardens", at which point he erased most of the data for the DBs. Luckily, it's mostly restored now.